Is my girlfriend cheating?

Hi there,

I´m debating a little bit with a girl that I´m seeing, whether it´s strange that I get very suspicious about what´s going on between her and one guy.

Would you say there´s reason to be suspicious based on the below points, or from a girls point of view, this is normal behaviour (I highly doubt that)?

1. She´s been getting together with this guy for a long time on short meetings to share some weed.
2. She very frequently go out on a smoke break alone with this guy
3. She´s sharing more personal details with this guy than both with me and her closest girl friends
4. She´s been lying about her relationship with this guy since we started dating. Her story was that they only go on smoke breaks and never ever met outside of work.
5. She lied about not knowing his surname, while she text with him regularly at work, and went to meet him outside of work to smoke weed only 2 days before I asked what the name of this “Daniel” is, she pretended not knowing his surname. His full name “First + Surname” is saved both in the work chat, her phone book, whatsapp where they chat.
6. She put heart + a comment on a facebook profile photo – Something she would never do on a “casual colleague” and lied about it, that it´s common that she does that, while she cannot provide a single other example.
7. She went to see him outside of work while we have been dating on at least 2 occasions, and lied about both times.
8. She tend to reach out to this guy when we´re having issues, in fact the two meetings I know about are after we´ve been fighting
9. She deleted all communication with this guy on Whatsapp and Facebook messenger, and blame it on the fact that it´s deleted because they arrange meetings to smoke weed… while other conversations with other people about weed was not deleted.

In addition to the above example which has been going on since we started dating, she´s also been lying massively about her relationship with her ex husband which she´s still living with.

She´s also been lying about the guy she dated briefly before started seeing me, which she also was in contact with throughout the first month we were dating while hiding it AND going through all his photos on Instagram and chose to like 8 of them – Her reason here is to get his attention to be able to reject his sexual invitation, which I am 100% sure is a lie of course.

When talking with a friend about me being jealous about the main guy in this story, they both laughed about the fact that I got suspicious.

Please comment on if you think I´m jealous without a good reason? Also what you would recommend me doing? 

Doesn't look good for you.

I haven't ever been in a relationship were there was such a degree of suspicion, deception and lack of trust but if I was I'd find another one.

• Like 1

I can't tell you if she's cheating or not but this girl is NO GOOD.

She sounds like a compulsive liar and that's not the kind of thing you want in your life. She's lying about things she doesn't even have to lie about. 

Get out while you still can this girl is nothing but toxic, trouble, drama and problems.

• Like 1

She enjoys hanging out with guys, and knows it will make a potential partner feel uncomfortable, so she tries to downplay what's happening.

The guy she dated before you? I think she's not fully disconnected/gotten over him. The guy she smokes with? He's a close friend. While I'm not 100% convinced she is "cheating" per se, it's the lying that has got me really worried. If she's got close friendships with guys, so be it - they are a part of her life and she would have to introduce you eventually. Aside from that she's got a lot of detangling from her previous relationships to do so that would probably tip the scale for me.

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

Geez....All this analysis sounds like the workings of someone crazy jealous needs preoccupation . Asking for the dudes last name and knowing how it’s stored on all her communication devices? Noticing a heart like on one of his posts?She could be cheating but I really don’t think that is the only issue here……

Edited by Shortskirtslonglashes

She may or may not be cheating.  The heart emoji is meaningless.  The real problem is that she is a LIAR.  That alone should cause a break up.  The possible cheating simply makes the cheese more binding. 

Next. 

Is there nobody else you can date? 

Why do you want to date a girl who is living with her ex husband, and has a close relationship with yet another man?

Yes, it would be the lying that caused me to end it, regardless of whether she is actually cheating or not. 

How these women get to have boyfriends!! It's beyond me. She lives with her ex husband and lies, enough said. Go to next. 

• Like 1