Men: would you find it rude if a woman you met on a dating website told you the reason you can't find dates is because you are too negative?

It's the classic cause and effect scenario.  Someone who is negative will probably react nagatively because they're negative.

A positive person would not react negatively, because, well, they're not negative.  But then, you wouldn't be advising them anything in the first place.

I agree with others that you're not wrong, but it could definitely be perceived as a rude thing to offer unsolicited advice.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, basil67 said:

If I were dating, I'd swipe left on his profile immediately because he doesn't sound like he's in a place to be dating.  Yes, people do get jaded, but if that happens, it's time to take a break and regroup. 

Agree entirely, but people don't.  That's something I always noticed when I was using date sites, the number of people who were clearly not enjoying the experience but would persist. Emotional masochism is what it is, so like you say, swipe on by and don't engage. 

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with being negative depending on the situation , and it is not a good idea to tell others that. Unless you are very good friends or family. I have been told that many times. you don't understand him or know him well enough.  He probably. doesn't mean to be negative or complain ,or he is merely realistic. In the Simpson's tv show Homer told Marge that they could go live underwater. Marge says that's idiotic and won't happen!   Homer says "not with that attitude"   Some issues have nothing to do with attitude

dramafreezone

It's something that he'll have to figure out on his own.  You are 100% correct in your assesment of him, someone that would write that in his OLD profile (and I think I've written something similar when I used to do OLD) will be perceived as negative, he will get no dates which will just feed his negativity more.

That said, I don't think your comment is going to help him.  He's on a journey towards a happier place hopefully and he'll get there when he gets there.