Is this an example of double standard?

I believed this was a double standard favoring us over men. What do you think?

Way back in late 2019, I got super drunk and started getting aggressive. Someone shoved me to the ground once (it was a ''back off, get off me'' type of shove), others saw it but he left the scene, running away fast. Needless to say, a commotion was made. My friends and others (guys too) helped me get up. My friends paid for my ride back home.

My male cousin acted the very same way I did once. However, he had it worse. Another dude punched him and he got into a fight with him. He lost, his friends got him home and he had a black eye the next day. His friends and others thought that he deserved it for getting himself in that position and starting fights. 

Similarities:

We both acted aggressive (exactly the same) when we got super drunk once.

A random guy put a stop to it.

We got taken home by our friends.

Differences:

My cousin was punched (full force applied) and lost in that fight while I only got shoved once. The guy could've punched me but he reduced it to a shove.

The random guy kept fighting my cousin while the one that shoved me left so fast after people saw it. He literally ran.

I was helped more (even by guys too) while my cousin less.

No one cared one bit when my cousin got punched and lost the fist fight while a commotion was made when I got shoved

His friends and others thought my cousin asked for it for getting too drunk and starting fights meanwhile no one thought I deserved to get shoved to the ground.

• Author

After my drunkness was over (I vomited the next day), my friends were more like ''are you ok, try not to get that drunk'' but neither of them blamed me harshly like my cousin.

Men have always been taught to not hit someone smaller and weaker than they are.   Don't punch a woman.  Don't punch a guy who's half your size.  Don't punch the guy who's physically disabled.  It's about a fair fight.

That said, the weaker person who started the fight still deserves a proper dressing down from their mates.  Drunken abusive behaviour is completely unacceptable no matter who dishes it out.  Your friends should have given you a mouthful.

Edited by basil67
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, basil67 said:

Men have always been taught to not hit someone smaller and weaker than they are.   Don't punch a woman.  Don't punch a guy who's half your size.  Don't punch the guy who's physically disabled.  It's about a fair fight.

That said, the weaker person who started the fight still deserves a proper dressing down from their mates.  Drunken abusive behaviour is completely unacceptable no matter who dishes it out.  Your friends should have given you a mouthful.

I agree with this.