Friends and Acquaintances

Whats the difference between Friends and Acquaintances in your head?

For me.  One major difference is that Friends are in my phone.  Acquaintances are on my Facebook.  

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Typo in title

Friends are people who I'd be terribly upset if they died.  Acquaintances are people who I'd feel a bit sad about on hearing the news.

• Like 1
Happy Lemming

Friends are invited to my home for dinner or to watch a football game, etc.

Acquaintances are not.

dramafreezone

An acquiatance meets a very low standard.  I just have to know them.  It can be my mailman, a co-worker or anywhere in between.

A friend is someone that I spend time wiith, speak with regularly.  I respect them, I can depend on them to varying degrees.

Friends are people I know, trust & can rely on.  Acquaintances are people whose names I know.  I could enjoy a pleasant conversation with an acquaintance but probably won't go out of my way to meet them or visit each other in our homes.  

• 2 weeks later...
Lotsgoingon

Friends I call on in a crisis, or when I'm feeling like dirt. I don't call on acquaintances when I'm feeling bad.

For my closest friends, I can call them and say it's urgent, and they'll make immediate time for me. And vice versa. But acquaintances can be lovely and so great to have in your life. 

TheEternalPessimist

Acquaintances are just people I know, people I can have as social media contacts but don't spend time with and build relationships with. They include all of my coworkers and my current roommate. Friends are people I will hang out with, share ideas and secrets with, confide in, rely on, share details about my projects and my persona life. They are people that have seen me happy and sad, people I can be myself around and people who in one way or another are invested in my life, are curious about what's going on in my life and vice versa.  I would say also that an acquaintance can overtime become a friend just like a friend can become an acquaintance. 

• Like 1