Love at first sight?

Hi all. So I'm in a happy relationship of 13 years and have two gorgeous boys with my other half! However... I've recently felt a strong and obvious connection with the pharmacist at our local pharmacy. I literally cannot stop thinking about him, searched for him on social media, butterflies feelings the works!! He will attempt to make conversation with me and smiles and is always very attentive when I go in and I can literally feel this atmosphere in the room. Do my question is... can love at first sight happen, is it just chemistry?? I'm happy in my relationship although I feel a burning desire to chat with him more which I really should just forget about him.

52 minutes ago, Xkathgg said:

He will attempt to make conversation with me and smiles and is always very attentive when I go in 

My pharmacists (male and female) are the same.  On top of what you mention here, they both remember my name when I come in and the medical history of my whole family.   It's not chemistry, it's high level customer service.  

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 2

It's a crush. It helps you cope with the humdrum realities of everyday life, by fantasizing.

That's ok, it's just a little escape.

• Like 2
pepperbird2
4 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

It's a crush. It helps you cope with the humdrum realities of everyday life, by fantasizing.

This!
Just make sure you let your brain be in charge.

• Thanks 1

There is no such thing as LOVE at first sight. There is only lust.  You don't know the other person so there can not be love.  

I'd change pharmacies.   If you continue on this way you will destroy your marriage.  

• Like 2

There is no such thing as love at first sight.  You are just attracted to him.  You have a crush.  You really do not know this person.  Don't confuse physical attraction with love.

On 3/12/2021 at 8:25 AM, Wiseman2 said:

I agree with this. You seem happy in your own relationship. Why would you want to change that? This guy is probably just being really polite and nice. I bet he's like that with everyone and really loves his life the way it is. Treat it as a nice diversion but please don't act on it.

• Thanks 1
Fletch Lives
On 3/11/2021 at 7:22 PM, Xkathgg said:

my question is... can love at first sight happen, is it just chemistry??

- Kinda. When you are attracted to someone, it can start at various levels...in this case, at a high level, or a very strong crush right out of the gate.

It's not really love yet. It takes longer than that, and you don't know him.

Edited by Fletch Lives

It's never love at first sight. That's called lust. I get it all the time. I'm an all or nothing kinda girl who never thinks with her head so my love life is doomed. ;D

On 3/11/2021 at 7:22 PM, Xkathgg said:

I'm happy in my relationship 

I think you need to be honest with  yourself here. 

To experience that type of chemistry/connection with a random man we have to be open and receptive to it. If you were open and receptive to it it means something is missing in your relationship. 

• Like 1
Happy Lemming

To answer your original question...  I guess "love at first sight" is possible.  I dated one woman who told her mother that she was "head over heels" in love with me after our first date, so I guess it is possible.

Personally, it has never happened to me, but that doesn't say it doesn't exist for others.

ExpatInItaly
34 minutes ago, Gaeta said:

I think you need to be honest with  yourself here. 

To experience that type of chemistry/connection with a random man we have to be open and receptive to it. If you were open and receptive to it it means something is missing in your relationship. 

I was about to say the same thing.

You have a crush, OP. It's not love, but attraction. You don't know this man so it's impossible to love him. You might want to examine why this crush has hit you this hard instead. Are you bored in your relationship? Lonely? Wishing you'd experienced more before you settled down?

• Like 2
Trail Blazer

No way can love at first sight happen.  It's a turn of phrase said in retrospect when a couple or an individual feels extreme levels of attraction from the outset.

You need to be honest with yourself.  Are you really happy in your marriage.  I guess the more pertinent question is, can you still love your husband whilst lusting another man?

You married your husband and you have children.  It's dangerous to be searching him up on social media.  You need to get a grip and not allow this situation to escalte further.

• Like 1

It's dopamine being released in your brain. You see things that are not there. This guy is just being friendly as part of doing business. It's all in your head, and you need to shut it down. Trust me on this....a month or two from now when this wears off, you will definitely feel like a damn fool and wonder what the hell you were thinking. To help with this, is to think about what you are about to lose if you continue and try to make it a thing.

Edited by smackie9
  • Like 1
Cookiesandough

You’re just attracted to him

Edited by Cookiesandough
Feels bad for your partner

Love at first sight is real.  You don't know until you feel it.  Not lust. Doesn't matter for you because your husband would hate you for an affair with a medicine man. You can still smile but he is probably too busy for you at work. Being nice is part of

his job and you are attractive I assume. I doubt he dates his customers. It would be awkward and maybe unethical

• Like 1
princessaurora
8 hours ago, LuckyM said:

Love at first sight is real.  You don't know until you feel it.  Not lust. Doesn't matter for you because your husband would hate you for an affair with a medicine man. You can still smile but he is probably too busy for you at work. Being nice is part of

his job and you are attractive I assume. I doubt he dates his customers. It would be awkward and maybe unethical

I believe in love at first sight too because it happened when I met my husband. The connection was like nothing I'd ever felt before and I was a girl who would have laughed at the notion till I experienced it. I was in a relationship at the time but did not have real feelings for the guy. I was just young and having fun. But now hubs made his intentions clear from the get go and he pursued me hard to get me away from the other guy as quickly as possible which only took him 4 weeks. 

But your situation sounds like just a crush and customer service workers tend to be very friendly. I have clients at my workplace who sometimes misread my friendliness as interest and it's quite disconcerting because I'm just doing my job.. Obviously you find this guy attractive, but I would stop looking him up on social media and trying to learn more about him because that could get very dangerous. Consider him eye candy that you get to enjoy when visiting the pharmacy and leave it at that. I can assure you trying to make him any more than that is not worth blowing up your family for. 

Verse 3: Ringo Starr & Lennon/McCartney/Harrison:
Would you believe in a love at first sight?
Yes, I'm certain that it happens all the time.

Edited by Wiseman2
  • Like 1