So a coworker asked me if I'd be interested in going on hike on the 15th?

Dodgypirate

I've only known her for 2-3 months and she randomly just asked me if I would like to go on a hike with her on the 15th...

I kind of told her I would have to check my schedule...

I've not yet met her in person.

Not sure what I should do?

8 hours ago, Dodgypirate said:

I've only known her for 2-3 months and she randomly just asked me if I would like to go on a hike with her on the 15th...

I kind of told her I would have to check my schedule...

I've not yet met her in person.

Either say you checked your schedule and you're busy or ask if you can bring a friend who really likes hiking. You sound tentative so don't do it. I would never go hiking with someone I'd never met and a woman asking that of a man seems reckless given recent worldwide events (as least here in the UK). You really don't know anything about each other. Don't go. Explain why the idea makes you uncomfortable. If you do like her however, ask if you can meet up socially first. If it turns out you don't like her and you're trapped on a long hike it's going to be hell.

12 hours ago, Dodgypirate said:

Ive not yet met her in person.

You're co-workers...meaning remotely?

Go on the hike. It's not a marriage proposal.

Are other people going? 

The check my schedule excuse is pretty transparent for "confused about this".

I recently did something like this with a coworker. He never met in the office (both of us were hired recently) but we chat a lot so I knew it would be fine. If I hadn't much interaction I would be concerned just from the perspective of running out of things to talk about and such. I do a lot of hiking groups and it's rare I find someone I enjoy talking to for the entire hike.

Not sure what hiking is like around you but you could do a short one potentially the first time so that it's only like an hour or so? You can always extend it if you've having fun.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, dramafreezone said:

Do you think she's going to harvest your organs or something?

That's a great first date idea 🤣🦴🧠

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
14 hours ago, dramafreezone said:

Do you think she's going to harvest your organs or something?

I don't think so, but why would someone you never met in person, that works at the same company ask you to go hiking? 

Is she a SMV 5 with a couple of kids in tow??? Or does she have a sugar daddy and is looking for young excitement??? Sounds suspect asking a guy to a hike (just the two of them?) that she has never met in RL.

Just be very careful, could easily be a scam. 

• Like 1

I don't understand the skepticism. Maybe she's into hiking and thought it would be something fun to do?

You're physically stronger I'm sure, so I'm not sure you have to be overly concerned with your safety.

Fletch Lives

You're physically stronger I'm sure, so I'm not sure you have to be overly concerned with your safety.

- that's a big misconception right there. Women can be deadly killers with weapons/guns and the element of surprise - or the two thugs close by that are her friends and the muggers!

As long as it's in public and not secluded, and you have a quick escape route if she turns out to be undesirable, it's okay!

You don't want to be stuck with a crazy person! How do you know she's not an axe murderer? 

But if you can fight like Bruce Lee, throw caution to the wind! Hi-yah!

Edited by Fletch Lives
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Fletch Lives said:

- that's a big misconception right there. Women can be deadly killers with weapons/guns and the element of surprise - or the two thugs close by that are her friends and the muggers!

As long as it's in public and not secluded, and you have a quick escape route if she turns out to be undesirable, it's okay!

You don't want to be stuck with a crazy person! How do you know she's not an axe murderer? 

Of course. Anything is possible. (I've watched enough Investigative ID)

Johnjohnson2017

Are you single? Do you find her attractive? Did she just ask you or do you think she asked many of your co-workers?

If you don't want to go on the hike with her as you don't see her that way, tell her you are busy.

If you do like her, go for it.

Watercolors

She's asking you to go on a date under the guise of hiking. If you don't feel comfortable, then just say so and decline her invite. 

There is no need to overcomplicate this situation. Just tell her that you're not interested. Done. 

On 3/21/2021 at 7:12 PM, Dodgypirate said:

Say no?

If you feel it's not really appropriate/feels awkward, just say no. But before you do that, see if you can find her on social media...she could be hot.

Edited by smackie9