What do you think are some basic red flags when dating?

LoopyLoop99

On 5/27/2021 at 7:24 PM, LoopyLoop99 said:

taking selfies on social media with boobs and ass out isn't looking for validation and attention?

you're joking right?

Is that how you met her? DM-ing her after seeing one of her pictures?

• Thanks 1
Not So Sad II

I was once on a female dominated forum and a woman posted about going on an online date and not telling the guy she was meeting for the first time that she was pregnant!  She actually thought that was ok!  I think thats as bad as it can get for women...

My red flags in men are:

History of online dating

Talking too much (motormouth syndrome)

Too much posting on social media

Being secretive

Not holding down a full time job or education

Any hint, however slight, of being sleazy

Bad teeth/hairy nostrils - literally, it could be Damiano David I was on a date with, and if he had hairy nostrils, I'd make an excuse and leave!

Misogyny/likes to stereotype women/patronising

No hobbies

Making little effort

I once went on a date with a man I really liked, we went to the cinema together and then for drinks, and as I sort of slipped my hand into his, he turned to me and said "This isn't a date you know".  It was brutal.  I tried to remain polite but made my excuses and went home alone.  He then told a mutual male friend that I played too hard to get!  In reality, he was just looking for a ONS and was warning me in advance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, Not So Sad II said:

Bad teeth/hairy nostrils - literally, it could be Damiano David I was on a date with, and if he had hairy nostrils, I'd make an excuse and leave!

I don't think I've ever met someone with hairy nostrils. 😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
GeorgiaPeach1
On 5/29/2021 at 7:05 AM, basil67 said:

Where I live, the median house price is above  AUD $1,000,00.  (US750,000) .   A person who stays at home longer to be able to save for a house has a better chance at financial security.   Those who who have a secure financial future have the last laugh.

Then they aren't ready for a relationship. A 30 year old man having sex while his parents are in the next room doesn't sound appealing. 

52 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach1 said:

Then they aren't ready for a relationship. A 30 year old man having sex while his parents are in the next room doesn't sound appealing. 

And a 30yo guy who can't save any money due to exorbitant rental prices is more appealing?   Due to our housing costs, I know people who were engaged and who lived at home saving what they could till they were married.   I also don't understand the issue with sex in the next room. Parents have sex with kids in the next room, so why can't kids have sex with parents in the next room?  Yes, one must be quiet, but that's just how it is once kids come along.

Edited by basil67
On 5/29/2021 at 10:05 PM, basil67 said:

Where I live, the median house price is above  AUD $1,000,00.  (US750,000) .   A person who stays at home longer to be able to save for a house has a better chance at financial security.   Those who who have a secure financial future have the last laugh.

Not when they've been doing it for 30+ years, well before housing was this expensive. 

13 minutes ago, Soak said:

Not when they've been doing it for 30+ years, well before housing was this expensive. 

Well, of course there's a limit, and someone who's unemployed and living in a basement for 15 years is going to be problematic.   That said, I know a gainfully employed 25yo man who's stayed living with his father to support him after his mother died from cancer a couple of years ago....and then COVID hit.   But he's talking about moving out soon.   I think it's so sad when some judge people who have less than perfect living situations due to them trying to do the right thing by someone else.  

Please also bear in mind that the original post I responded to referred to 25yo guys.   

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
remembethename

- lots of sexual partners

- lots of emotional baggage

- immature

- insecure

- weird tattoos/piercings/coloured hair 

- basic

• Like 1
NeurodivergentMe

- has children they do not see

- ignores your boundaries 

- never asks questions about you - everything is about them

- tells lies 

- after speaking to them, you feel worse about yourself.