Worst/Meanest Thing a Partner Has Said to You?

BeanCounter

Not exactly advice or anything, just curious to hear some wrenching stories.

When I was in college I was casually hooking up with a girl. We'd get together maybe once a week, it was known to be nothing serious by both of us. One night I texted her to see if she wanted to get together and she told me "Sorry, I'm not drunk or lonely enough to see you tonight." It was so mean I wasn't even mad, I literally laughed and just never talked to her again. I was thankful it was so outwardly mean, I might have been upset it was something a little less harsh.

• Like 2
cleverusername

Fell asleep on the couch of a girl I was casually dating. Woke up and overheard her talking with her roommate about another date she had set up that night for the next day. We weren't exclusive or anything but the nerve she had to do it in my presence but behind my back hurt pretty bad.

Edited by cleverusername
  • Like 2

Last girlfriend told me I should get braces.

I'm 58.

She's not wrong just controlling and insensitive.

• Like 1

When she told me that I was being a baby for shredding tears after a close friend was murdered. 

• Sad 2
  • Shocked 4
  • Mad 1
11 hours ago, BeanCounter said:

I was casually hooking up. she told me "Sorry, I'm not drunk or lonely enough to see you tonight." 

This seems honest, not mean. After all you're talking about hook-ups, no?

I doubt that injustice collecting (google it) has any useful purpose.

• Like 5
11 hours ago, BeanCounter said:

. One night I texted her to see if she wanted to get together and she told me "Sorry, I'm not drunk or lonely enough to see you tonight." It

There is a lot of "desperation" involved in hooking up and she recognised her own desperation when drunk and lonely and decided against it.
She obviously decided she wasn't doing it again with you, hence the finality of the message. 

The meanest words I have heard have also been the most dishonest to the point of farcical, so what is said rarely hurts in the way I think you mean.   

• Like 2
  • Author
BeanCounter
13 hours ago, Woggle said:

When she told me that I was being a baby for shredding tears after a close friend was murdered. 

Wow, that is horribly insensitive....Can't think of many things that could happen that would be more traumatic then that. If you can't cry then, when can you cry?

17 hours ago, BeanCounter said:

"Sorry, I'm not drunk or lonely enough to see you tonight."

It was so mean I wasn't even mad, I literally laughed and just never talked to her again. I was thankful it was so outwardly mean, I might have been upset it was something a little less harsh.

LOL! A jewell.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Woggle said:

Oh my........

14 hours ago, smackie9 said:

Ignorance is bliss I always say.

And something I would never say.

The worst was when my then wife and subsequently Ex told me that in all those decades and after three daughters that she never felt in love with me.

Was, of course, an excercise of honesty. Not mean, just late.

And the worst was not the new, was that based in years of consistent facts, I should have known as certain what already suspected.

Sorry if was not a funny anecdote.

Edited by Uruktopi
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, Uruktopi said:

And something I would never say.

No I meant the not knowing or hearing those horrible things are better. Should of said I'd rather they keep it to themselves.

If anyone ever did say something bad to me, I have totally forgotten about it and don't recall what it is. ignorance is bliss.

• Like 1

You got a hair transplant? Should have gotten your teeth straightened.

Yet when I tell her she could use a few pounds she finds that to be hurtful.

3 minutes ago, Alfano said:

I never speak poorly about anyone .. ask around. Those who do feel they are in a position to do so, so it should not hurt. Unless you work in my field, have actual experence, i don't care what you have to say. 

Edited by Cheryl123
1 hour ago, Alfano said:

That's because we all think we are perfect just the way we are and we are taught that from all those Dove soap TV commercials.

Calmandfocused
3 hours ago, SumGuy said:

The meanest words I have heard have also been the most dishonest to the point of farcical, so what is said rarely hurts in the way I think you mean.   

100% agree. Same here too. 

Let’s face it: Even if we are,  indeed , the scum of the earth, what does it say about the people who want to date us? What about them? 

4 hours ago, smackie9 said:

No I meant the not knowing or hearing those horrible things are better. Should of said I'd rather they keep it to themselves.

If anyone ever did say something bad to me, I have totally forgotten about it and don't recall what it is. ignorance is bliss.

I don´t doubt it´s your bliss.

I meant that I would preffer a earache than that bliss flavour.

It´s just me, of course.  

Happy Lemming

I've been called "Cheap" so many times, I was beginning to think it was my middle name.

Not really all that mean, but I do hear it a lot.

Not sure that it's the meanest, but it's something I always remember because of the complete lack of self awareness of the person who said it. He said to me , "Why can't you be more like S?"    S was a very confident and outgoing, but incredibly superficial, female friend who he would always fawn all over.  I replied, "Well, for a start my arse isn't the size of a Texas barn, and I don't think I can be that shallow even if I really concentrate hard".  What I should have said was, "Why can't you be more like those men who have a job?". 

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, MsJayne said:

"Why can't you be more like those men who have a job?". 

LOL

I own you my first laugh of today.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Happy Lemming said:

I've been called "Cheap" so many times, I was beginning to think it was my middle name.

Not really all that mean, but I do hear it a lot.

Tell them they can call you cheap all they want but they can never call you broke. Cheap just means you know how to hold on to your money.

• Like 1