Have a feeling she's going to cancel for today?

4 hours ago, Zebarbu said:

I don't really see the use of confirming, especially if she said yes when you initially asked her out.

I have a schedule I can't always control.  So I confirm everything & so do most people around me.  I don't assume that somebody who made a plan with me a week ago can keep it if I haven't confirmed that within 18-24 hours of when we're meeting.  To me it's just common courtesy; people get busy & life happens.  Think about it -- there's a reason your doctor calls you the day before to remind you of an upcoming appointment. 

2 hours ago, Zebarbu said:

She's cancelled. No reschedule.

I'm sorry she cancelled.  Small silver lining:  you called it.  You knew this would happen & it did.  So at least you can trust yourself.  

• Author
27 minutes ago, d0nnivain said:

I'm sorry she cancelled.  Small silver lining:  you called it.  You knew this would happen & it did.  So at least you can trust yourself.  

Don't be sorry, it happens. At least now I know where I stand

• Author

She's rescheduled... 

She's told me her schedule for next week... she's even asked if we can still do it tonight.

I'm not going to move the party I'm going to, that's for sure - he's a great friend who asked me a couple days ago, I told him if my plans (the date) fell through I would go.

That's fine.  Do pick a date next week & do confirm closer in time to the event.  Now have a little faith & a lot of fun at tonight's party.  

• Author
3 minutes ago, d0nnivain said:

That's fine.  Do pick a date next week & do confirm closer in time to the event.  Now have a little faith & a lot of fun at tonight's party.  

Thinking of just sending her "Sorry I've made other plans for tonight, but I'd love to see you next week how does (X day) sound?" 

Something like that of sorts

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Happy Lemming said:

For me... if I set a date at a restaurant, I get there early and have a beer at the bar and wait for the woman to show up.  She knows what you look like, so if she texts you when she gets there let her know where you are.  Most women arrive a few minutes late, so don't panic and don't text/call her with a "Where are you at??"

If she is over 30 minutes late, order yourself a nice steak and eat it at the bar (along with a couple of pints of Guinness)  Treat yourself to a nice dinner, either way.

A wise Hindu man once told me "Control the controllables"... If you can't control it, don't worry about it.  You can't control whether she'll show up or not, so don't worry about it.

Relax... dating should be fun, not stressful.

ETA: Me (Personally)... I don't confirm dates, if she doesn't show (after plans were set) then you weren't important enough to her to put the date on her calendar and I wouldn't date her (if I were you).

unrelated, just wanted to note that this is AWESOME advice for any preplanned date situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Zebarbu said:

Thinking of just sending her "Sorry I've made other plans for tonight, but I'd love to see you next week how does (X day) sound?" 

Something like that of sorts

why not invite her to the party?

• Author
3 hours ago, flitzanu said:

unrelated, just wanted to note that this is AWESOME advice for any preplanned date situation.

It really is, I agree

3 hours ago, flitzanu said:

why not invite her to the party?

I could, it's just it's a small get together and idk doesn't feel cool on my friend to add someone the day of the party.

I'm just going to tell her it won't be possible tonight, but I'd like to see her week and I'll be in touch to set a date

And then here at my place, I share a flat, and my current flatmates are bad... bar one or two of them. Nosey loudmouths and we wouldn't have the time of day if I invited her back her for drinks and to cook dinner together.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
language
Sun Seeker

So you were supposed to meet tonight, she asked if you can still meet tonight, and you are going to reschedule for next week to go to a party?

Wow you have a lot to learn about women.

Happy Lemming
8 hours ago, Zebarbu said:

She's cancelled.

3 hours ago, Punterxx said:

So you were supposed to meet tonight, she asked if you can still meet tonight, and you are going to reschedule for next week to go to a party?

It appears she cancelled earlier in the day and he is attempting to reschedule for next week.

The party was his "Plan B" if she cancelled...

• Author
19 hours ago, Punterxx said:

She cancelled on me, I had a plan b. I don’t see the issue. 

you have a lot to learn about self-respect. 

• Author

Right, so tomorrow night is the "rescheduled" date.

Of course my anxiety is going up and that's pretty much down to me thinking she's going to end up cancelling again. 

If she does, that'll be it though.

Happy Lemming
24 minutes ago, Zebarbu said:

Of course my anxiety is going up and that's pretty much down to me thinking she's going to end up cancelling again.

Or you could look at the other side of the coin... and instead of thinking she is going to cancel, tell yourself how exciting its going to be to go on a date with a new person.  Turn that anxiety into joyful anticipation at the possibilities of what this date could turn into.

I can remember the first date I had with my current long term girlfriend.  I never thought that we'd still be together 9.5 years later.

Think about the positive aspects and possibilities, not that she is going to cancel...

Dating is fun, enjoy the experience!!

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, Zebarbu said:

Can you go out and busy yourself for awhile? Of course the idea of anyone cancelling is frustrating. If she keeps doing that, then no, don't see her again. Your time is precious also.

poppyfields
4 hours ago, Zebarbu said:

There is a universal law stating that negative thoughts/feelings can manifest into a negative reality. 

Meaning if you keep telling yourself she is going to cancel, she WILL cancel.

Same for positive thoughts/feelings.  

Try and switch your mind frame from negative to positive, like @Happy Lemmingsuggested.

Have fun!

Edited by poppyfields
  • Like 1
  • Author
44 minutes ago, poppyfields said:

There is a universal law stating that negative thoughts/feelings can manifest into a negative reality. 

Meaning if you keep telling yourself she is going to cancel, she WILL cancel.

Same for positive thoughts/feelings.  

Try and switch your mind frame from negative to positive, like @Happy Lemmingsuggested.

Have fun!

What?

If she's going to cancel, she's going to cancel... no matter how positive or negative I am, right?

7 minutes ago, Zebarbu said:

If she's going to cancel, she's going to cancel... no matter how positive or negative I am, right?

Do your roommates all get along and along with her?