Friend zone (if even that)

I connected with a guy from school cis social media over 10 years ago. We chatted alot and I even worked for him for a while at his business. We were friends with benefits back then. He was/is a player and I wised up and got a different job and slowly stopped talking to him. He moved on to several relationships and I moved on as well. I didnt talk with him for about 7 years. He would email me because I had blacked him from other sources but I would never respond. Over a year ago he sent an email and I guess I was in a different emotional state so I replied and that was all it took. I have fallen back into the traps I fought so hard to break. I told myself I would stay in the friend zone and not let myself go any further. I suppose that presented as a challenge to him. He pursued me hard and now in the past few months it has been "hot and cold". I have tried to tell myself to remain friends I would rather be that than nothing. He makes plans and breaks them, stands me up and I feel forgotten alot. I don't feel like I can discuss these feelings as he thinks I am being whiney. If he considered me a friend or cared at all he wouldn't do those things.

What should I do next?

3 hours ago, Tsweet said:

I was in a different emotional state so I replied and that was all it took.

Try not to be this lonely and full of voids.

Is he in another relationship? He treats you poorly and you should reflect why this void and loneliness allows you to accept shabby treatment.

Step away from this. Get in shape. Join some clubs and groups. Volunteer, take some classes/courses. Reconnect with family and friends.

Get on some dating apps with a good profile and pics and start talking to local available men for a low key coffee.

Go forwards not backwards.

• Like 1
  • Author
4 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Try not to be this lonely and full of voids.

Is he in another relationship? He treats you poorly and you should reflect why this void and loneliness allows you to accept shabby treatment.

Step away from this. Get in shape. Join some clubs and groups. Volunteer, take some classes/courses. Reconnect with family and friends.

Get on some dating apps with a good profile and pics and start talking to local available men for a low key coffee.

Go forwards not backwards.

Thank you wiseman2. Great advice!!

• Thanks 1
  • Author
43 minutes ago, Olivia24 said:

NP. And welcome to the forum. The  people  here are awesome and  very  helpful. I  joined a few days ago and find lots  of  awesome advice  here.

Thank you for the warm welcome, I'm glad I joined. I'm looking forward to getting and giving advice.