How to interpret my bf's response?

My bf went away for the weekend and we weren’t in contact as i respected his time with his friends. He told me when he’s coming back and so i called him to ask him to have dinner together tonight. He said it might be difficult because he will meet with his friend that haven’t seen for a while and to do it tomorrow. I told him yes we can do it tomorrow and agreed to speak the next day. I texted him “looking forward to catching up tomorrow enjoy your day x” and he replied “Love you babe!”. I feel comfortable calling him and catching up and he said that he loves receiving my calls. Am i doing anything wrong here? Should i keep it on this pace? We rarely text and i prefer to call him once per day sometimes morning sometimes evening and we talk for couple of minutes.

2 hours ago, Kyrak said:

My bf went away for the weekend and we weren’t in contact as i respected his time with his friends. He told me when he’s coming back and so i called him to ask him to have dinner together tonight. He said it might be difficult because he will meet with his friend that haven’t seen for a while and to do it tomorrow. I told him yes we can do it tomorrow and agreed to speak the next day. I texted him “looking forward to catching up tomorrow enjoy your day x” and he replied “Love you babe!”. I feel comfortable calling him and catching up and he said that he loves receiving my calls. Am i doing anything wrong here? Should i keep it on this pace? We rarely text and i prefer to call him once per day sometimes morning sometimes evening and we talk for couple of minutes.

You are asking if you're doing anything wrong. If you're feeling like you're doing all the work and chasing after your bf who can't coordinate a dinner with you when he is back , then give him room to settle in and contact you. If this dinner doesn't work out tomorrow, leave the ball in his court. If he consistently is a poor planner, you can think about whether you'd want to continue dating a poor planner or someone who isn't putting in enough effort or planning to see you.

The most disturbing part of this is your need for validation that you are allowed to talk to your own BF.  

You are not pestering him or blowing up his phone.  As far as I can tell, it's all good. 

• Like 1

Stop overthinking……

friends got together. Likely not all of them coukd go.  Likely this was done because some were in town.

me and my brother have a common group of friends back in our home town metro area.

when we come in town we try to get together with for a card game, or if in season we do a sporting event, and sometimes we will have dinner where everyone brings there wives.  Almostall married except for me and another guy.

I’ve known the guys for over 30 years and know there wives.

sometimes we have done guy weekends.  Rented a cabin in a state park area for the weekend.

nothing to worry about here.

• Author
3 minutes ago, Ami1uwant said:

Stop overthinking……

friends got together. Likely not all of them coukd go.  Likely this was done because some were in town.

me and my brother have a common group of friends back in our home town metro area.

when we come in town we try to get together with for a card game, or if in season we do a sporting event, and sometimes we will have dinner where everyone brings there wives.  Almostall married except for me and another guy.

I’ve known the guys for over 30 years and know there wives.

sometimes we have done guy weekends.  Rented a cabin in a state park area for the weekend.

nothing to worry about here.

Yes surely not worrying about that, just i find it hard to remember details over the phone so i don't remember if we agreed to actually have dinner or if we said let's speak tomorrow. Then i started thinking if by making plans and calling him he felt irritated and started avoiding me or losing interest but he replied to my message with " love you baby! " so it's like giving me the green light to keep the pace as it is and so continue calling and making plans like i did so far. 

• Author

Oh wow i am even over thinking my over thinking. He many times said he doesn't mind me calling or texting and that i shouldn't think about it. If i wanna text him or call him to do it.

14 hours ago, Alpaca said:

I don't see anything wrong with his response.

Just catch up as planned.

yep.  Agreed.

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, Kyrak said:

I texted him “looking forward to catching up tomorrow enjoy your day x” and he replied “Love you babe!”. 

Sounds fine. Enjoy the date. How long have you been dating?

Is this the same man?:

This sounds like a new relationship....looks normal to me.

Edited by smackie9