Getting vaccine for wrong reasons.

I hate to bed "that guy", but I am not getting the vaccine. I'm 40, talked to my mother about all of this and she said when I was a kid I did receive all my shots but I never once got the flu shot. As far back as I can remember, I never once got the flu shot myself. I do remember my father needing to get the flu shot every year because of where he worked, and he would always take the next two days off because he reacted horrible from it. Both my parents are vaccinated and neither one had any symptoms. I work for a privately owned company and we are pretty large, over 500 employees between three locations. At my location, we've had a dozen or so people get covid. Some where out for the two weeks, a couple we out longer because it affected them more, they all pulled through. One of my coworkers, who is also a good friend of mine, had a rare case of it. I can't remember what they called it but he kept testing positive for three months even know he didn't have any symptoms. Because him and I are friends and also work close together, my HR department sent me to get tested and I had to self quarantine for two weeks. I had to get tested the day they sent me home and before I returned to work, both negative. That same friend passed covid to three other people at my work, and also his wife, two year old son and in-laws. They all tested negative within two weeks and showed no symptoms. Also, we hardly wear a mask here and only when we see HR coming here.    

• Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1