Change of voice

So I am 20, but whenever I get a girls number and we talk on the phone they say I sound a lot older than my age like 27,28, 29 and 30. And that my voice is really deep.

Which has been upsetting since I get the feeling they don't really like me due to my voice making me sound old. 😕

So I wanted to know is there any way I could alter my voice so I sound my age or is it something I should just embrace?

2 minutes ago, rudiger said:

So I am 20, but whenever I get a girls number and we talk on the phone they say I sound a lot older than my age like 27,28, 29 and 30. And that my voice is really deep.

It's a compliment. Relax.

• Author
15 minutes ago, smackie9 said:

Has anyone said it turns them off?

No never.

It was actually the opposite with a few. But some do also say its very deep and I sound like I am in my mid to late twenties even thirties.

1 minute ago, rudiger said:

No never.

It was actually the opposite with a few. But some do also say its very deep and I sound like I am in my mid to late twenties even thirties.

Why would you jump to the conclusion that that is a bad thing? 

It's not. It means you don't sound like a child. For most women, that will be a good thing. 

Don't sabotage yourself. 

• Like 3
19 hours ago, rudiger said:

So I wanted to know is there any way I could alter my voice so I sound my age or is it something I should just embrace?

It would be difficult to alter the pitch of your voice to sound younger as  your larynx has already naturally altered to give you a deeper mature male voice.
The vocal cords lengthen and you develop an Adam's apple.

It is why most transgender women tend to have voices that still sound male as they have  a male larynx.
It takes years of speech therapy to try to sound  more like a woman, with some never actually accomplishing it.
Transitioning before puberty with blockers can solve the issue.

Youi need to embrace it as you now sound like a man, not a boy and women tend to want men not boys.

• Like 4
On 10/13/2021 at 3:29 PM, rudiger said:

is there any way I could alter my voice so I sound my age or is it something I should just embrace?

Alter the women you're trying to attract. Be you. Embrace your inner Barry White.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

No you cannot unless you are very skilled with voices, like actors are. I agree, nothing to worry about.

My voice is usually hoarse, too high and raspy. I hate it but can't change.  Deeper is good, masculine.

Lots of water helps.

• Like 1