Ongoing trust issues with my fiance (merged threads)

• Author

I knew my partner was having casual sex with a girl before we got together. I later found out he tried to sleep with her while we were talking, we weren’t in a relationship then, so although it hurt he was in no way committed to me then. I have just found out the girl he was sleeping with got engaged only months after he tried to sleep with her while talking to me and in her engagement post thanked her partner of 8yrs. Going through fb there’s pics of her and her fiancé together during the time my partner was sleeping with her. I asked him about it and he said he didn’t know at all, it’s terrible if it is the case and doesn’t want to talk about it as it’s in the past. He has been really quiet since I asked. Should I have not bothered to raise it? I guess I was just curious if he knew he was sleeping with someone’s girlfriend 

Edited by Worried32
Adding information
8 minutes ago, Worried32 said:

I later found out he tried to sleep with her while we were talking, we weren’t in a relationship then, so although it hurt he was in no way committed to me then. 

You seem to feel he is untrustworthy.

Is this the same man?:

1 hour ago, Worried32 said:

I knew my partner was having casual sex with a girl before we got together. I later found out he tried to sleep with her while we were talking, we weren’t in a relationship then, so although it hurt he was in no way committed to me then. I have just found out the girl he was sleeping with got engaged only months after he tried to sleep with her while talking to me and in her engagement post thanked her partner of 8yrs. Going through fb there’s pics of her and her fiancé together during the time my partner was sleeping with her. I asked him about it and he said he didn’t know at all, it’s terrible if it is the case and doesn’t want to talk about it as it’s in the past. He has been really quiet since I asked. Should I have not bothered to raise it? I guess I was just curious if he knew he was sleeping with someone’s girlfriend 

He said he didn’t know so it’s up to you to believe that or not. He already knows you’re aware and looking all over his fb photos examining time stamps.

The whole situation seems unstable and a neverending tale of sleuthing and digging. If you can’t trust him, don’t date the person.

Why sour a working relationship with someone in your organization further by distrust? Isn’t it better to cut your losses and remain professional at work? What does this guy mean to you if you can’t trust him on the most basic of levels or on a day to day basis? 

Worried32 what else do you need? I'm not sure.

You mistrust him.

The fact that you're snooping and asking here tells me that you do want to know, probably hoping that there is a reasonable answer somewhere.

There is no single formula for staying or leaving-you need to ask yourself some hard questions and gain clarity for yourself. No answer is right or wrong here. Whatever others say, you must make up your own mind.

If his actions are a deal-breaker for you, it is OK to end the relationship. 

@Worried32 I agree that if you can't trust him, you shouldn't be with him.    

You mentioned in a recent thread  about your upcoming wedding and part of the reason you don't want to postpone is that you don't want to leave it too long.  Are you sure that you're getting married for the right reasons?