Getting back together

Emotional

Okay, I'm 18 and I have loved my boyfriend for 2 years. About a month ago, we went through some rough times. A female friend of his, who constantly threw herself at my boyfriend came on to him very strongly. He felt attracted to her and then felt guilty for this attraction. He and I broke up because he said that things "weren't the same anymore". He and this girl then began to date and within a week of breaking up, he told me how much he missed me. I was hurt and he wasn't sure what he wanted. Within two weeks, we kissed and decided that the love between us was still strong. He says that he is sorry and that he loves me very much and just made a huge mistake. I want to believe him because I know I love him, but it is hard for me. Is it possible for him to really love me if he could date another girl for three weeks? he said he only kissed her once and that was all because he kept thinking of me. I would never cheat on him or even consider dating other people. He says the time apart made him realize how much he loves me. Am I naive for wanting to be with him after all of this? Could he really love me?

Also, I think that I am very forgiving naturally, but for some reason I really want to claw out this other girl's eyes. I have all this active resentment towards her and I can't shake it.

I want to make this work. I also want everyone to heal as quickly as possible and try to be as mature as I can in this situation. Please help!

a little lost
Okay, I'm 18 and I have loved my boyfriend for 2 years. About a month ago, we went through some rough times. A female friend of his, who constantly threw herself at my boyfriend came on to him very strongly. He felt attracted to her and then felt guilty for this attraction. He and I broke up because he said that things "weren't the same anymore". He and this girl then began to date and within a week of breaking up, he told me how much he missed me. I was hurt and he wasn't sure what he wanted. Within two weeks, we kissed and decided that the love between us was still strong. He says that he is sorry and that he loves me very much and just made a huge mistake. I want to believe him because I know I love him, but it is hard for me. Is it possible for him to really love me if he could date another girl for three weeks? he said he only kissed her once and that was all because he kept thinking of me. I would never cheat on him or even consider dating other people. He says the time apart made him realize how much he loves me. Am I naive for wanting to be with him after all of this? Could he really love me? Also, I think that I am very forgiving naturally, but for some reason I really want to claw out this other girl's eyes. I have all this active resentment towards her and I can't shake it. I want to make this work. I also want everyone to heal as quickly as possible and try to be as mature as I can in this situation. Please help!

I'm no expert on relationships but here are my thoughts:

I was once in a similar situation only my fiance wasn't as mature as your boyfriend. It sounds like he made an excuse but has been very honest and upfront with you. He came back to you relizing what he had was a good thing and not wanting to mess that up. On the other hand don't let it become a habit either that could really hurt (trust me on this one, three strikes is too many). You may want to consider giving him the benefit of the doubt because you two are still young but make sure he understands how you feel about it. Whenever you feel like clawing this girls eyes out, remember you won. He chose you in the end.