Time and Wait???

Devin Post

I met this young woman from about the same area as me on an online dating service. We have been sending messages to our real email addresses and we have been IMing one another off and on for a few weeks now, we exchanged pictures and everything... My question is, I really never have done the dating service or online dating service thing, how does it work, does it work? I have doubts about the internet and dating stuff....

She has stated that we should hang out, etc.... I'm just a little weery , but i do actually want to give this young woman a chance, and her to give me a chance.... How do I go about persuing her interest further or should I just forget about the internet and dating because it doesn't work?

Should i ask for her phone number or should we find a mutual crowded place to visit or should i just go to a bar and forget about the internet...

I'm not sure...

Devin

I just started doing the same thing. I met a guy on the internet, we chatted for about 3 weeks, called eachother a few times and decided to meet, and had a good time.

I'd say talk on the phone a couple times before hanging out. And when you do, do something like go to dinner, where you can talk and it's not too loud.

I'd say online dating works as well as any other kind of dating, as long as you have a good screening process, and are able to weed out the nuts.