Is she interested

Im a uni student and i met this girl who lives in my hall. We got to know know each other in September and we have great chemistry together. We almost hung out every day. We would have long conversations in the kitchen and we would eat together. She's come to my room and we would sit on the bed and watch anime. When she is sitting with me or walking she would be very close and we would be touching, not just an accidental bump or two. I realised i wanted to be closer with her. Some of her friends thought we were dating. I had recently considered confessing, but since we split for Christmas break we've only met once when she was with some old friends, and i felt i was being semi ignored during that time. I mean we've been texting ever since break but these few days she didnt text as much. She just told me she got covid, so i asked if she was sick and told her to get rest and drink plenty of water. In which she responded with a 'K'. All of her responses feel blunt. I don't know if shes stressing about covid but that blut response to my concern made me feel insecure that she might not be interested in me enough. I might just be overthinking too much, especially these past few days since i saw her. I could be more paranoid than ever since my perspective changed when i thought of confessing. Perhaps im overthinking but i just need to get this off my chest. Any advice and perspectives into this situation is greatly appreciated.

Yes, you are overthinking. She’s ill and it’s the holidays. She’s with her family/friends during the break and try to be considerate and infer the kind of stress she’s going through wondering where, who from she got Covid or whether she has spread it to anyone else close to her. 

Remain a good friend and put aside your emotions and romantic notions aside for a second and wait for the new year and when you see her again. Try being productive on your break and take your mind off of this also. Don’t dwell on this. Send her a message or two asking her how she’s doing and wish her a Happy New Year but don’t bombard her or come at her with too many texts because you’re anxious. 

I’m very sure you’ll both catch up soon.

6 hours ago, Nam3 said:

. I had recently considered confessing. She just told me she got covid,'. All of her responses feel blunt. 

It's ok to have a crush, but right now you're friends. Do not "confess" anything. It's awkward.

Although it's not a good idea to date someone living in your dormitory, you could ask her to go for coffee one day.

Right now she's home with her family and  ill so leave her alone. Keep in mind she may have a hometown BF. Another reason "confessing" is a bad idea.

Take this time to get a good profile and pics on quality dating apps and start talking to and meeting women, either in your hometown or setting up meeting women when you get back on campus.

Edited by Wiseman2
On 12/25/2021 at 10:01 PM, Nam3 said:

In which she responded with a 'K'.

Don't take this as a sign she's not really interested.  She's sick and may feel too weak to text much.  Covid is a bear.