Selfish mate >:o Need counselling?

Red Dorito

My boyfriend (together 3 yrs, living together 2 yrs) has become incredibly selfish lately. We hardly ever talk about my day, always his. If I do start telling a story, he interrupts with one of his own. Our TV is ALWAYS on, I talk to him and he has one eye on me, one eye on the idiot box. He only seems to want to have sex maybe once or twice a month, and when that esteemed day arrives, no foreplay, no fun for me, just five minutes and "Oops, I'm out of practice." Talk about marriage? Forget it, his mom's been married 3 times and he was beaten by one of his stepdads as a kid, so he's all screwed up with respect to committment. "When I'm ready, you'll be the one," he says, and I'm supposed to feel all special and wait for him to get his ##### together. But the stupid thing is, this guy is the best friend I've ever had. We share so many interests, and have a general great time when we're together. And I still find him attractive, I've just been turned down so many times I've been conditioned to stop trying. Should I give up and start looking around, or does anyone have couple's therapy success stories for me?