My boyfriend is an addict

3 minutes ago, Dawn marie said:

Looking for people who have been/are in my situation who I can talk to about it 

How long have you been dating? How old is he? You need to end it rather than enable him or try to heal, fix or change him.

Do you live together?  Is whatever he is addicted to illegal? If so delete and block him.

The question is really why are you with someone whose primary relation is with this addiction?

Everyone in an addicts life is just a pawn to facilitate the substance abuse.

There are specific support groups for people involved with addicts:

https://al-anon.org/newcomers/self-quiz/adult-quiz/

• Thanks 1
  • Author
3 hours ago, Dawn marie said:

Looking for people who have been/are in my situation who I can talk to about it 

A year and a half on and off. I didn't no about the addictions until I found things then I left him. He is 27. Yes they are illegal. I have so much love for him and i know he can change and do better, I want him him to and he wants to but can't stay strong and i can't babysit him 24/7. No we don't/haven't lived together

You did right by walking away because only he can help himself when and if he's ever ready.  He has to want it and the best thing you can do is stay away from him so he can hit rock bottom and hopefully want to pull himself back.  Don't spend your days worrying about him because there's nothing you can do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Dawn marie said:

but can't stay strong and i can't babysit him 24/7.

Or even 1 minute.  It's not your job to patrol him.

• Thanks 1
  • Author

Thankyou that is how it will be. Been put through alot mentally emotionally and physically and just can't get my head around if they believe there own lies and really have no remorse or care 

9 hours ago, Dawn marie said:

I want him him to and he wants to but can't stay strong 

Delete and block him ASAP. Don't jeopardize your health or wellbeing. Dissociate from illegal activity.

Get tested for STDs including bloodborne diseases.

You don't want to be associated with him when and if he gets arrested.

This is his choice. If he wanted  to turn his life around, he would seek out detox and rehab and stay sober.

18 hours ago, Dawn marie said:

Thankyou that is how it will be. Been put through alot mentally emotionally and physically and just can't get my head around if they believe there own lies and really have no remorse or care 

Nar Anon is a support group for people affected by someone's drug use.

On 4/5/2022 at 6:13 PM, SingFish said:

Nar Anon is a support group for people affected by someone's drug use.

This or other support means are a good start.

People want to think they can "fix" anyone, but usually we can't.  Addictions are something beyond most to fix and anyone trying to help will often feel helpless.  Getting support for yourself is important, and understanding that many actions of an addict are really beyond their control at a certain point.

Wishing you the best.

• Like 1