Answered really quickly, but didn't ask a question in return? Pass?

Sgthaytham

I saw her two nights ago. We have some friends in common. We played some darts together, laughed a bit, she gave me some of her food... and I threw a dart and hit her finger. (accidentally!!]

Sent her a text joking asking if her finger needed a sling and she replied 3 mins later with "ahahahahaah it's recovered".

Tbh it doesn't look good, because I would have thought an interested girl would have asked a question in return?

Edited by Sgthaytham
13 minutes ago, Sgthaytham said:

asking if her finger needed a sling and she replied 3 mins later with "ahahahahaah it's recovered". I would have thought an interested girl would have asked a question in return?

Ask her out. She seems interested That wasn't really a question that requires an answer or a response.

• Like 1
  • Author
Sgthaytham
15 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Ask her out. She seems interested That wasn't really a question that requires an answer or a response.

It was on my mind when we talking just the two of us. We were discussing the Heard/Depp trial amongst other things, but then some other friends showed up...

What makes you feel like she might have interest?

18 minutes ago, Sgthaytham said:

What makes you feel like she might have interest?

Ask her out. She's talking to you .

• Like 1

She's either not interested or can't hold up her end of a conversation.  I'd move on

• Author
Sgthaytham
18 minutes ago, basil67 said:

She's either not interested or can't hold up her end of a conversation.  I'd move on

Interesting turn of events just now. 

I didn't reply to her message, but she just sent me "what are your plans for the this weekend?"

I work this weekend, but I think I'm just going to shoot my shot and ask her if she's free next week for a game of pool?

• Like 1

You like someone just ask them out regardless if there are signals or not.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Sgthaytham said:

I didn't reply to her message, but she just sent me "what are your plans for the this weekend?" I think I'm just going to shoot my shot and ask her if she's free next week for a game of pool?

You don't have even a spare moment to meet for a drink/coffee? If you are interested in her, try not to stall or put her off.

• Author
Sgthaytham
1 hour ago, Wiseman2 said:

You don't have even a spare moment to meet for a drink/coffee? If you are interested in her, try not to stall or put her off.

I work till 10pm tonight and 9pm tomorrow, so it's a bit difficult to sort a date after work for me. 

I'm not trying to stall anything, I'd just rather it be on a day we're both free. 

• Author
Sgthaytham
1 hour ago, smackie9 said:

I do think it's best if their are at least a couple... Saves both of us from embarrassment if the feeling isn't mutual. 

I have been ask out lots of times randomly...there's no awkwardness or embarrassment on my end. Even if I am not interested I am impressed at their confidence for doing so.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Sgthaytham said:

I'm not trying to stall anything, I'd just rather it be on a day we're both free. 

Ask soon since she did inquire first.

• Like 1
  • Author
Sgthaytham
1 hour ago, Wiseman2 said:

Ask soon since she did inquire first.

Yeah date set for next Saturday. Time and place set too

• Like 6
  • Author
Sgthaytham

She's got a cracking sense of humour too, which is important to me. I don't want to date uptight women anymore. 

Anyway, she seems keen. She's asking about my shift over the weekend. 

• Author

So the date's tonight, but we did see eachother yesterday through our mutual friends. There's no doubt in my mind anymore. 

I had to leave early because of work this morning, but she was literally on hands a knees pleading me to stay longer haha 

She teases me quite a bit too, which is really fun, because she can take it too!

• Like 1
dramafreezone

4 hours ago, Sgthaytham said:

So the date's tonight, but we did see eachother yesterday through our mutual friends. There's no doubt in my mind anymore. 

I had to leave early because of work this morning, but she was literally on hands a knees pleading me to stay longer haha 

She teases me quite a bit too, which is really fun, because she can take it too!

I think it's great that you scheduled the date a week out.  It really helps to build the anticipation. 

She's been thinking about it all week obviously and you can tell her interest has gone way up.  Hope it all goes well.

• Thanks 1
  • Author
1 hour ago, dramafreezone said:

I think it's great that you scheduled the date a week out.  It really helps to build the anticipation. 

She's been thinking about it all week obviously and you can tell her interest has gone way up.  Hope it all goes well.

She sent me a message today saying she woke up late, and then an hour later another message asking if the date was still on. 

• Author
2 hours ago, Alpacalia said:

Just go on a date like two normal people. Sans the cockiness.

What cockiness?

55 minutes ago, Sgthaytham said:

message asking if the date was still on. 

Is it still on or is she backing out?

• Author
33 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Is it still on or is she backing out?

As always I'm not 100% sure, but by experience when a woman asks if it's still on, she's hoping it still is. 

She hasn't told me otherwise, and my last text to her was see you outside the place at 8h30

53 minutes ago, Sgthaytham said:

As always I'm not 100% sure, but by experience when a woman asks if it's still on, she's hoping it still is. 

She hasn't told me otherwise, and my last text to her was see you outside the place at 8h30

Ya confirm that it is still on 

• Like 1
  • Author

For anyone interested: It went well. 

Normal nerves at the beginning, but there's obviously good chemistry/banter because we had plenty to talk about. I think she was pretty nervous too as she was a bit clumsy haha. The conversation and the whole night flowed seamlessly. 

We haven't slept at all. We spent all night together, went back to mine for more drinks, then to her place for more. 

I personally enjoyed it!

I'm off to sleep now

• Like 5
On 6/4/2022 at 3:51 AM, smackie9 said:

This is the best lesson to take away from this thread.

• Like 1