Trust issues with girlfriend

Charles_moeller

I feel like my girlfriend has trust issues and I don’t know what I’m supposed to do...

Over the past few weeks there’s been patterns of her breaking down when I’m not with her.. if I’m at a movie and she calls/I don’t pick up I’m accused of lieing, if im with a friend at my house (that I’ve told her in advance) she’s freak out. 

most recently I stayed over at her house and heard her room mate may be getting kicked out of the country for not having work. I offered to introduce her to some contacts ( I work in recruitment) and let them help her. 

when my girlfriend found out she blasted me and admitted she thought I might pursue her secretly, cheat, etc..I apologised because I spontaneously had this conversation when she wasn’t in the room and didn’t consult her first about asking for her  room mates CV but since then she’s put me on trial and always suspects I’m doing something wrong.

her history is issues with her dad cheating and previous relationships having trust issues so I’m not sure if this stems from unresolved problems?

8 minutes ago, Charles_moeller said:

Over the past few weeks there’s been patterns of her breaking down when I’m not with her.. if I’m at a movie and she calls/I don’t pick up I’m accused of lieing, if im with a friend at my house she’s freak out. 
I offered to introduce her to some contacts ( I work in recruitment) and let them help her. she wasn’t in the room and didn’t consult her first about asking for her  room mates CV

How long have you been dating? Unfortunately from your description, she seems controlling and insecure.

Seems like some major boundary and communication issues.

As far as the roommate, stay out of her business. No one asked you to find her a job.

Edited by Wiseman2
ExpatInItaly

She's too insecure to have a relationship, OP

I wouldn't bother continuing with this. She has no respect for you. 

26 minutes ago, Charles_moeller said:

I feel like my girlfriend has trust issues and I don’t know what I’m supposed to do...

Over the past few weeks there’s been patterns of her breaking down when I’m not with her.. if I’m at a movie and she calls/I don’t pick up I’m accused of lieing, if im with a friend at my house (that I’ve told her in advance) she’s freak out. 

most recently I stayed over at her house and heard her room mate may be getting kicked out of the country for not having work. I offered to introduce her to some contacts ( I work in recruitment) and let them help her. 

when my girlfriend found out she blasted me and admitted she thought I might pursue her secretly, cheat, etc..I apologised because I spontaneously had this conversation when she wasn’t in the room and didn’t consult her first about asking for her  room mates CV but since then she’s put me on trial and always suspects I’m doing something wrong.

her history is issues with her dad cheating and previous relationships having trust issues so I’m not sure if this stems from unresolved problems?

You’re not a match. Let her go. This is too volatile and hostile for a relationship. If she can’t trust you, there’s no point to anything you both are doing. No foundation for a relationship can be built, there is no future.

By staying you’re enabling her and putting your life on hold. Be wary you don’t become like her or confused or brainwashed into thinking you’re not trustworthy or deserving of more trust in a relationship.

• Like 1

Sorry but the only way to fix this is to find a new GF and her finding a good therapist.

• Like 1
poppyfields
On 7/30/2022 at 6:44 AM, Charles_moeller said:

Her history is issues with her dad cheating and previous relationships having trust issues so I’m not sure if this stems from unresolved problems?

Full disclosure.  

My dad also cheated and I struggled with anxiety, insecurity and trust issues in my first two LTRs.  Even became engaged to one, they both loved me a lot so I understand how you feel. 

Thinking back, not sure how they tolerated me but they did.

I was young and immature and eventually broke up with them.

Since then I've been in therapy off and on and have resolved those issues and have become whole and complete. 

I recently got married and 100% trust my hubs even though he is gone a lot building and running his business. 

How old is your girlfriend?  Her insecurity and trust issues are on HER, not you and she needs to take responsibility for those issues and seek professional help. 

That is the only way this is gonna work. 

Do NOT change your behavior to appease her; by doing so you are "feeding the monster" and nothing gets resolved and you will end up losing yourself and in turn  she will eventually lose respect for you. 

That's what happened in my first two relationships.

If you're intent on staying, suggest she seek professional help. 

Remain strong, stay true to yourself and hold frame. 

Again, it's the only way. 

Edited by poppyfields