3am call on a Saturday night

Comet4

I saw a guy a handful of times over the course of about 6 months so it was never serious and we didn’t even progress to anything physical. We kissed nothing else. He didn’t know what he wanted so we lost contact and about year later I get this phone call. Naturally I was sleeping so didn’t answer. But why would he be calling? 

2 minutes ago, Comet4 said:

. Naturally I was sleeping so didn’t answer. But why would he be calling? 

Is it possible he forgot to delete your number and it was a drunk dial/pocket dial?  If it were intentional/important he would have left a VM or contact you at a reasonable time.

It's just bait. He's throwing the bait (the call) hoping you will bite.

I'm guessing it's for a bootie call.

Keep messageless men at bay.

If he was a boyfriend, yes. But dating. No.

• Like 3

Pocket dial or drunk and looking for tail. 

Whatever it was, I would ignore it. It doesn't sounds like he's worth thinking about. 

• Like 1

Maybe it was a pocket call, but chances are it was also drunk dialing.  

There were times I was chatting with some guy from a dating website / app and then I would power the phone down when I went to sleep at night or left it on if I wanted the alarm to go off.  I would get a phone call in the middle of the night I wouldn't answer it (if it was around 5am I would as it might be a substitute teaching job coming in then I would answer it), some of them would get angry if I didn't answer the phone immediately.  Hopefully it was because the guy was drunk but you never know.  

In this case, if it's drunk dialing, just ignore it.  If it persists, block them.  Just be wary that drunk dialing can be a reflection of a personality side you might not yet know or see. 

8 hours ago, Comet4 said:

I saw a guy a handful of times over the course of about 6 months so it was never serious and we didn’t even progress to anything physical. We kissed nothing else. He didn’t know what he wanted so we lost contact and about year later I get this phone call. Naturally I was sleeping so didn’t answer. But why would he be calling? 

It was likely a mistake. Does it matter why he would be calling? If someone is interested they wouldn’t be calling at that hour in the first place. I’d ignore it or block the number.

• Like 1

I'm probably overthinking this (one of those days when brain is spinning lol) but don't think it was a mistake. 

I think it was quite intentional.

1.  It was a "feeler" text gauging your interest by whether you would respond or not and 

2.  Calling at 3:00 am on a Saturday night/early Sunday makes it appear he was out partying, having a good time, most likely with another chick. 

It arouses your curiosity and possible jealousy. 

You're intrigued so you text back!  And thus the games begin. 😆

Edited by poppyfields
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, Comet4 said:

year later I get this phone call. Naturally I was sleeping so didn’t answer. But why would he be calling? 

If someone dials  you with their butt, block them. Interested worthwhile men don't do stuff like this.

If he actually wanted to contact you, he would do so.  A random call on a Saturday night at 3am is probably a drunk dial.  I wouldn't waste any time thinking about this.

21 hours ago, Comet4 said:

Another Saturday night and I don’t got somebody

i got some money cause I just  got paid

how I wish I had someone to talk to

i just need to get laid….

it could have been

accident call

drunk dial

something came up making him think about you

i don’t think this was a booty call because as you said, you didn’t have sex.  

I think it was Sigmund Freud who coined the phrase:

"There are no accidents. Whatever happens, it is for a reason. We might not always see the reason, but we can always trust it's there." 

Granted, it was lame but quite intentional imo.

You cared enough to create this thread, so question now is, what are you going to do about it? ;)

Edited by poppyfields

Who cares why he phoned you at 3 am in the morning? A better question and the one that you should be asking yourself is why do you care about this guy after one year of no contact? Figuring out what you want to do instead of trying to psychoanalyze him is a lot healthier. By all means, do contact him if you want a hookup. If not, block, delete, forget.