When to become official?

its_me_123

Hi there,

I have been seeing a woman and had a few dates. We get on really well and chat each day and have got to know each other very well. I know it's early days, but wondered when the best time is to become officially partners? I have read somewhere it would be 10 dates, but that seems a long way off. Also, what would be the best way to approach this subject/ask her if we could become more?

Any advice would be great

16 minutes ago, its_me_123 said:

when the best time is to become officially partners? I have read somewhere it would be 10 dates.

About the time it gets physical, have the exclusive talk. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, its_me_123 said:

I have read somewhere it would be 10 dates, but that seems a long way off.

Try not to keep accelerating this so much. Why slap some label on it and risk coming off as possessive? 

What you can do is tell her you took your profile down and are only talking to and seeing her. Then see how she responds.

What exactly do you mean by 'physical is not a priority'? Are you two older and just want companionship? 

Edited by Wiseman2
  • Like 2
49 minutes ago, its_me_123 said:

As in fully physical or something less. What if that it not a priority? 

Don’t have sex before exclusivity talks

there is no certain formula in this…it’s about how you feel about each other, how long you’ve known each other, how much you talk between dates, and how often you date.

1 hour ago, Wiseman2 said:

What you can do is tell her you took your profile down and are only talking to and seeing her. Then see how she responds.

OP: The man I am dating did exactly that. When we met he told me he only concentrates on one person at a time so he had hidden his profile. I really liked him so before we met a second time I hid my profile as well. 

Trust that if she likes you she won't be interested in dating around. 

• Like 1

It's probably a bit early to be putting labels on it, but you could certainly discuss not seeing others so that you can focus on building on what is looking like a good thing.