Does your girlfreind ever need periods of time alone?

Lovesick2112

If I understand well, you 2 live 1 hour away so you don't see each other on weekdays. You have time together on weekends which is about 8 days a month, then she wants to cut on those 8 days so she can have 'time alone'. That brings your time together to what? 4 to 6 days a month together? 

If you don't see each other on weekdays that's a lot of time to herself for her family and friends. I understand that once in a while she'd like a Saturday or a Sunday to herself but skipping a whole weekend? which means you don't see or touch each other for 2 weeks. Who can create a connection on such little time? 

My question to you is: As a man in his 30s, looking to seriously date a woman, why do you continue dating this woman who's not satisfying your basic need for connection? As a man that needs a lot of 'togetherness' why do you date a woman that can spend days without seeing you and days without even talking to you? Texting doesn't count, texting is cheap! Texting is *let me get rid of this task of communicating with boyfriend*.

So, own who you are, you are a man that needs a lot of 'togetherness'. It is what it is. You don't have to change that; you only need to find a woman that enjoys the same degree of togetherness as you. Why go through life with a partner that keeps you in a state of craving?

And, for what it's worth, I think she's hiding something. 

Edited by Gaeta
  • Like 2

I am this person. I regularly need space and time for myself, regardless of whether I'm in a romantic relationship. There's nothing wrong with that. Sometimes the social aspects are draining and we need to recharge. She has assured you there's no one else, and honestly, if she wanted to cheat on you, she would be more discreet about it. 

Which begs the question... you don't need personal time? Are there people out there who can go prolonged periods of time without being alone? That sounds impossible for me.