Kinda disappointed.

account1112

Hi all, currently I am a 30/m who is a resident doctor and close to being done with residency, I will ultimately be making 200k ish.... I had a fair amount of girls show me interest in my past but none who I really liked.... I have found through dating websites and marriage websites lots of girls that show me interest... but I don't necessarily love or really like any of them.... There is this one girl who I really like at my work place, but she has been giving me conflicting signals. I am her superior officer and honestly I feel like I love her... but so far nothing has happened.

When Will I find someone Who I truly like and love like this coworker of mine? I am sick of having to 'settle' for girls who i hardly know on dating/marriage websites with girls who may look pretty but don't have any 'fire' or 'passion for?' What is going on?

Idk if its because I never really tried to date anyone, I never really been on an official date or had a girlfriend. I come from a conservative household where dating was greatly frowned upon but now I am ready to start dating. I also never tried to pursue a girl who was of a different culture as me and now I am interested in girls of another ethnicity.... When will I find someone who I have a strong passion and love for?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

It just takes time.  Presumably you've been very busy with school and preparing for your career.  That combined with the influences of your upbringing have likely limited your exposure to women, making it take even longer to meet someone (other than your coworker) with whom you have a spark.  

You don't have to settle.  Attend social and professional events as time permits and meet new people.  Many, if not most of us, meet the people with whom we really connect while living our lives, not through formal dating channels.    

On 10/20/2022 at 10:05 PM, account1112 said:

I am sick of having to 'settle' for girls who i hardly know on dating/marriage websites with girls who may look pretty but don't have any 'fire' or 'passion for?' 

Are you from a conservative culture or where marriage sites are used for help with arranged marriages?

You have a very promising future. However it's best not to date people you have to work with. Or date women whose culture may clash with your or your family's values.