We had sex, and now he seems to have went silent

Uptown182

Are you waiting for him to message you first?  Or have you already messaged him and he didn't reply?

10 hours ago, Uptown182 said:

But they do say the way a man should act after you have sex if he’s interested in more and he’s not really doing that lol

How should a man act after having sex if he wants more?   I mean, I'd argue that after sex, he no longer needs to 'chase' and the couple are now equal in terms of reaching out first.  He may be waiting to see if you're interested enough to message first.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Author
33 minutes ago, basil67 said:

Are you waiting for him to message you first?  Or have you already messaged him and he didn't reply?

How should a man act after having sex if he wants more?   I mean, I'd argue that after sex, he no longer needs to 'chase' and the couple are now equal in terms of reaching out first.  He may be waiting to see if you're interested enough to message first.  

When we texted on Monday, I had reached out first.  I’ve reached out first to him at times prior to sleeping with him as well, he always responds in a timely manner 

3 minutes ago, Uptown182 said:

I’ve reached out first to him at times prior to sleeping with him as well, he always responds in a timely manner 

It's important to have faith and confidence in yourself. Try not to assume this is a hit-and-run situation.

Discontinue listening to these dating coaches or antiquated "rules" game playing.. Early sex is not a deal breaker. 

Take a deep breath, relax and enjoy. 3 dates is the early stages, it's not a relationship. You don't know him well enough to know what he "always does".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't see anything bad here either.

What's the rush anyway?

He's clearly smitten with you and you him so just go with the flow.

20 hours ago, Uptown182 said:

Ok he did text today wishing me a happy thanksgiving, so I guess that’s not a bad sign 

And....did you text back wishing him the same?  

Please tell us you did. 

Edited by poppyfields
  • Author
2 minutes ago, poppyfields said:

And....did you text back wishing him the same?  

Please tell us you did. 

Yes of course, we went back and forth through text 

38 minutes ago, Uptown182 said:

Yes of course, we went back and forth through text 

Excellent!  😂

You're playing this right imo, don't push.  

Keep us posted! 

Edited by poppyfields
Classicfiction
On 11/23/2022 at 12:39 PM, Gaeta said:

I'm not seeing anything bad here. 

You are not officially a couple, at the beginning it's good to keep a bit of a distance so the attraction renews it selves. I suggest you listen on youtube the John Gray videos on how men's testosterone lowers more time they spend with women and how they need to distance themselves to rebuild that testosterone. As for us women more time we spend with our man more estrogen we build up, meaning more time we spend with them more we want to be with them...ya! nature made it real weird. 

For some men getting into bed with them too soon will kill the possibility to emotionally connect later, for other men it doesn't matter, either way it's not something they consciously control. I don't think it's too late to reconnect with this guy of yours. For this you need to change your mind set. When he gets back to you then be happy to hear from him, don't say anything about him not contacting you, remember you're not a couple. 

Oh and don't put words in his mouth. You don't know what it meant for him to introduce you to his people, you don't know how he feels, you don't read minds. Relax. 

Logged in to say thanks @Gaeta.  Girl you are on it!  I will be referring back to this thread for sure.  The advice so far is very on point and I think OP is still in a good position.  It sounds like yall had some animal magnitism that created a quick sexual tension and now it has to level out.

Just don't be clingy at this point.  I would suggest playing it cool and responding at his rhythm, don't do anything overzealous with the texting.  It does sound like you're doing exactly that already, so interested to see what happens next.  Please keep us posted.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...