He hurt me but only I feel bad

StupidHeartbreak

StupidHeartbreak

I was until recently in an on/off relationship with a coworker.

A couple if years ago I was very in love but then it came out he had another relationship (not just an affair, she actually was there before me) and I broke it off. He then seemingly left her and a few months ago I relapsed into dating him. Now I’ve found out he’s got multiple affairs and at least one serious relationship. I feel so sick. I just want him to disappear from my space but I’m forced to see him everyday.

9 minutes ago, StupidHeartbreak said:

. I just want him to disappear from my space but I’m forced to see him everyday.

Sorry this happened. He seems like the workplace wolf and skirt chaser.

While you do have some grounds for sexual harassment, it may be better to update your CV and extricate yourself from what seems like a toxic workplace.

In the meantime be polite and professional and nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 2

Do you like your job? 

If not, it’s time to look for a new job. 

If you do like your job, I would just ignore him. The best revenge is to live well. 

You really dodged a bullet with the this one, be grateful for that. 

47 minutes ago, StupidHeartbreak said:

A couple if years ago I was very in love but then it came out he had another relationship (not just an affair, she actually was there before me) and I broke it off. He then seemingly left her and a few months ago I relapsed into dating him

Well now you know it was a big mistake to go back to someone who has hurt you.  Just make sure to never go back to this man again.  It would help you to find a new job.

2 minutes ago, StupidHeartbreak said:

I love my job more than I hate him so going away is not really an option.

Focus on your job. Do you report to him?

• Author
StupidHeartbreak
10 minutes ago, glows said:

Focus on your job. Do you report to him?

Not really but we are on a project together and i have to interact with him

4 minutes ago, StupidHeartbreak said:

Not really but we are on a project together and i have to interact with him

Keep it work related only. If he wants to talk about other things, say you have to get back and are rocked with other things that just came up. Right now he has a very loud voice in your head. Make it tinier. 

Keep it professional.

Personally, I wouldn’t have any problem doing that because quite literally, every time I see the man the catch phrase that I would say in my mind would be - “dodged a bullet with that one.” 

Just look forward, not backward. Good luck.