Should I be confident that this manager at a restaurant into me?

highselfesteem

2 minutes ago, highselfesteem said:

What do you all think about the Mark situation? What do you think is really going on with that?

Obviously he's one of the guys she's messing around with.   Since you seem ok with this, will you also be seeing other women?  Or are you going to be playing the "cuckhold" role with this woman?  I know some guys are into that.

• Author
highselfesteem
13 minutes ago, NuevoYorko said:

Obviously he's one of the guys she's messing around with.   Since you seem ok with this, will you also be seeing other women?  Or are you going to be playing the "cuckhold" role with this woman?  I know some guys are into that.

Do you think he could have been the one who took her to Vegas but she showed me pics with her ex from another time? And then lied to me Mark is new for some reason?

• Author
highselfesteem
33 minutes ago, basil67 said:

So you find out they are flawed a year or so later.  With hindsight, were there red flags you ignored?

Because ignoring red flags is exactly what you're doing with this new one.  I mean, why would you be interested in a woman who is rubbing men and pretending to be disinterested in me a month later?   Further, what makes you think that she's "pretending" to be disinterested?  She sounds genuinely disinterested to me.

I mean if she still calls me and plays games.  The fact that she plays games is not a sign of apathy.

1 hour ago, highselfesteem said:

I mean if she still calls me and plays games.  The fact that she plays games is not a sign of apathy.

You're probably one of many men she calls while playing her attention seeking game.   But hey, you seem determined to believe she's worth pursuing, so ask her on a date.

1 hour ago, highselfesteem said:

Actually it's a sign of disrespect.  If you want to earn her respect, if that's even possible, I encourage you to stop behaving like a white knight/simp. :(

There is only one reason she's telling you about other guys hitting on her etc.

She's insecure and seeking a jealous reaction, NOT because she's into you but rather because she craves attention and validation from men in any way  shape or form..

All men, she doesn't consider one more special than another. I'm sorry. 

Please learn the difference, I think it would serve you well moving forward with other women you meet to do so.

Good luck. 

Edited by poppyfields
  • Like 1
  • Author
highselfesteem
15 minutes ago, poppyfields said:

Actually it's a sign of disrespect.  If you want to earn her respect, if that's even possible, I encourage you to stop behaving like a white knight/simp. :(

There is only one reason she's telling you about other guys hitting on her etc.

She's insecure and seeking a jealous reaction, NOT because she's into you but rather because she craves attention and validation from men in any way  shape or form..

All men, she doesn't consider one more special than another. I'm sorry. 

Please learn the difference, I think it would serve you well moving forward with other women you meet to do so.

Good luck. 

What makes me mad is all men she tells me about are rich nerds.  She makes fun of them to me about how nerdy they are. It made me mad that she prefers those weird nerds over someone like me.

I also think Mark is her boyfriend and she moved to this state with him.  Its very odd that after I got her to give me his handles and I looked him up, he happened to be at the same Las Vegas concert she told me she visited with her ex.  I think she showed me photos of her and her ex from a long time ago (and not from the recent trip). I think Mark was there all along and now that I showed some interest back in her, she is bringing him up. 

I am curious - how will she react if I just stop going to the taco truck or engaging her on social media etc?

18 minutes ago, highselfesteem said:

I am curious - how will she react if I just stop going to the taco truck or engaging her on social media etc?

Only one way to find out mate, by doing

Experiencing life is the best teacher imo. 

Experiment with different styles until you find your own unique groove, make mistakes, learn and grow.

Every woman will respond differently, there's no way any of us can predict what her reaction will be.

Does it really matter?

Perhaps a better use of your energy would be to determine why you're attracted to this, frankly she sounds toxic and not a high quality woman worth pursuing no matter how physically attractive she is.

But your call. . 

Edited by poppyfields

OP, you are giving this girl way too much thought.  Your username is ironic.  If you really had high self-esteem and self-respect then you wouldn't be chasing some girl who literally isn't interested in you and acts blatantly rude and disrespectful to you by throwing other guys in your face.  Something is wrong here.  This isn't normal behavior.

• Like 2
  • Author
highselfesteem
17 minutes ago, ShyViolet said:

OP, you are giving this girl way too much thought.  Your username is ironic.  If you really had high self-esteem and self-respect then you wouldn't be chasing some girl who literally isn't interested in you and acts blatantly rude and disrespectful to you by throwing other guys in your face.  Something is wrong here.  This isn't normal behavior.

I dont know if shes feigning interest and feigning disinterest. Shes weird.  The first time I met her she was all over me and insisted how great I am and how she wants to see me more often.  She followed me around downtown wherever I went and would sit next to me. She told me she works at a taco truck and gave me her complete work schedule including dates and times in the foreseeable future. She suggested we go on dates and I invited her out.  Once I agreed, her attitude became the opposite. She began not letting me hug her goodbye anymore after the dates but she would hug the bartenders in front of me. She would tell me stories about how she was gonna go on a date the night before but guy cancelled on her and how she was gonna go on a date with someone else that day but it had to be rescheduled.  She wouldnt let me come over to her place but told me what her place is like. She first told me she lives with a roommate but then joked (maybe seriously) that she actually lives with a guy.

I actually didnt have much interest in her at first and didnt think she was good looking enough for me. I was interested in someone else. But when she began mentioning the other guys, I began to become more interested. I honestly dont know if she ever or still has interest in me.  I know she is not indifferent toward me cause she spends a lot of time doing things like: adding me and removing me on social media, viewing all my stories on various platforms immediately after they come up, etc.

If you truly think this woman is into you, I have ocean-front property in Kazakhstan you might be interested in. 

Dude. You need to wake up. This is going nowhere and she's not going to become your girlfriend. 

• Like 1
  • Author
highselfesteem
1 minute ago, ExpatInItaly said:

If you truly think this woman is into you, I have ocean-front property in Kazakhstan you might be interested in. 

Dude. You need to wake up. This is going nowhere and she's not going to become your girlfriend. 

So you think she will bounce me around for a bit and get rid off me in the next few months?

• 1 month later...
EnvelopesAndPaper

i was talking to girl at a restaurant who was a waitress. after that the manager fired the girl i was talking to, then the manager started coming up to me, playing with her hair, giving me quick glances when other people are around, she told me that the other girl was a horrible worker, that she was on a lot of meds and always called out from work and told me "you dont need a crazy girlfriend like her. you need to find a chill girlfriend like i am to my boyfriends" 

49 minutes ago, EnvelopesAndPaper said:

i was talking to girl at a restaurant who was a waitress. after that the manager fired the girl i was talking to, 

Do you have a crush on this manager? Talking trash about former coworkers is bad news so perhaps look elsewhere to meet women. Try not to talk about your personal life with her. Who knows what she tells people behind everyone's back .

EnvelopesAndPaper
1 minute ago, Wiseman2 said:

Do you have a crush on this manager? Talking trash about former coworkers is bad news so perhaps look elsewhere to meet women. Try not to talk about your personal life with her. Who knows what she tells people behind everyone's back .

I liked the girl who she fired more actually.