Dating someone going through a divorce..

I recently started dating a man who is going through a divorce. He has been living separatly from his wife for 7 month now and has begun the divorce process, no contest so we are looking at 18 months before it's final. His wife/ex to be cheated on him and his self-esteem is pretty low. I went through a hard break-up myself 2 years ago with someone who I lived with for 6 years and I feel I am ready for a relationship and have the capicity to understand a lot of what he's going through, but not sure what to expect, since dating someone who is going through a divorce is new to me. Does anyone have any advice or has had a similar situation work out? I guess I'm not sure if I want to invest the time if it's a rebound thing??? Any thoughts or insights would be greatly appreciated.

liquid dream

Well...I can't really say much about your situation because I haven't gone through that before. Hell, I'm only 20 years old. I've never been married and the thought of that scares the crap out of me. But my mother and her boyfriend for 4years has. They are very happy with each other. At first it was kind of rough for the both of them. But now they can't seem to stay away from each other for more than an hour. Yes, I said an hour. So, all I have to say is just go with the flow and I hope it works out!!! Good luck...

I recently started dating a man who is going through a divorce. He has been living separatly from his wife for 7 month now and has begun the divorce process, no contest so we are looking at 18 months before it's final. His wife/ex to be cheated on him and his self-esteem is pretty low. I went through a hard break-up myself 2 years ago with someone who I lived with for 6 years and I feel I am ready for a relationship and have the capicity to understand a lot of what he's going through, but not sure what to expect, since dating someone who is going through a divorce is new to me. Does anyone have any advice or has had a similar situation work out? I guess I'm not sure if I want to invest the time if it's a rebound thing??? Any thoughts or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Well at least there is some hope :) It's just a little scary thinking about investing so much time but I guess it's a leap of faith? Thanks for your input :)

Well...I can't really say much about your situation because I haven't gone through that before. Hell, I'm only 20 years old. I've never been married and the thought of that scares the crap out of me. But my mother and her boyfriend for 4years has. They are very happy with each other. At first it was kind of rough for the both of them. But now they can't seem to stay away from each other for more than an hour. Yes, I said an hour. So, all I have to say is just go with the flow and I hope it works out!!! Good luck...

There's nothing a man who is going through a divorce wants more than to have a nice, sweet chick to go through it with. She is known as a rebound. When the divorce is final, the relationship usually goes south.

Go find somebody who's not going through a divorce and who is emotionally and physically available for a relationship. You know how difficult a divorce can be.

Now that you've healed from it, why do you want to drag yourself through those kinds of circumstances again?

Your are correct I guess I just wanted affirmation. I have already backed off from the "relationship" and am focusing on only being a friend. Much easier and healthier. Thanks for your advice.

There's nothing a man who is going through a divorce wants more than to have a nice, sweet chick to go through it with. She is known as a rebound. When the divorce is final, the relationship usually goes south. Go find somebody who's not going through a divorce and who is emotionally and physically available for a relationship. You know how difficult a divorce can be. Now that you've healed from it, why do you want to drag yourself through those kinds of circumstances again?