Re: personality clashes

I think I would be absolutely certain that I wanted to be to someone the rest of my life before I married them. If situations exist in which you are ambivalent or which consistently go from great to awful, I think you ought to consider taking a time out.

This guy doesn't sound like the one for you. I don't care how much you think you love him, that love can die real fast in the face of disrespect, lack of consideration and constant disagreements.

This bickering is not normal for two people who love and care for each other...and who are meant to be together forever.

Now, if he starts this it could very well be out of fear of intimacy or fear of being in a long term, positive relationship. Lots of people have that and they often start conflicts to avoid or minimize the intimacy. If that's the case, get him some counselling. If you think the relationship is worth saving...and this could be the problem...by all means get help.

On the other hand, he could just be a first class jerk who is now coming out of the closet.