Young men - advice please

I am a 40 year old woman. I have known a 20 year old man for a couple of months, and we mostly e-mail each other quite often. He is friends with my 17 year old son, and my son is aware of our friendship. But now I question everything that has happened, because a few days ago I stopped in to see him while he was working on something in his garage, and he seemed stressed. He told me that his mother (yes, he still lives at home, and works in the family business) found one of the e-mails from me and went ballistic. I have yet to find out exactly what happened, because he isn't talking to me anymore. He told my son that evening that I make him uncomfortable. However, he's never told me that, he comes over to the house to see my son, and ends up spending time around me as well, and doesn't seem to be bothered by it. He is comfortable being in my house, as a matter of fact he just walks right in. I need some advice on this turn-around in him. Is he feeling somehow threatened by me because of my age; he always talks about age only being a number, and he gets along with many different age groups. But I am wondering if it is possible that he is afraid to be alone with me - I found out quite soon after we met that he is a virgin, and that he has never had any, I mean ANY, kind of sexual or romantic experience. He claims he has that part of himself shut down, and that romance and love are just a bunch of crap. I basically feel the same way, but I have had enough experiences to justify that feeling. He's never really had any female friends, as well, so is this starting to bother him? Does he feel threatened by me because I am a woman? Please guys, help me out with this - I have enjoyed this relationship, or whatever you want to call it. He and I seem to have a lot in common; music, cycles, fast cars, loud engines, as well as deeper things such as eastern philosophy. He is the first male friend that I have had in my life that I feel completely comfortable and safe with. He knows this - could that be bothering him? Help, please - explain all this to me.

liquid dream

I'm a 20 year old male, and I say just ask him what it is that makes him feel that way. I actually wish that I could attract an older more mature woman. But I lack confidence in that. I just stick to my own age group. But yeah, like I said, just ask him exactly what it is that he is feeling. And if he is uncomfortable, just ask why. I know that I would greatly appreciate that from a woman. But then again, I'm not promising anything, it's just my own opinion.

I am a 40 year old woman. I have known a 20 year old man for a couple of months, and we mostly e-mail each other quite often. He is friends with my 17 year old son, and my son is aware of our friendship. But now I question everything that has happened, because a few days ago I stopped in to see him while he was working on something in his garage, and he seemed stressed. He told me that his mother (yes, he still lives at home, and works in the family business) found one of the e-mails from me and went ballistic. I have yet to find out exactly what happened, because he isn't talking to me anymore. He told my son that evening that I make him uncomfortable. However, he's never told me that, he comes over to the house to see my son, and ends up spending time around me as well, and doesn't seem to be bothered by it. He is comfortable being in my house, as a matter of fact he just walks right in. I need some advice on this turn-around in him. Is he feeling somehow threatened by me because of my age; he always talks about age only being a number, and he gets along with many different age groups. But I am wondering if it is possible that he is afraid to be alone with me - I found out quite soon after we met that he is a virgin, and that he has never had any, I mean ANY, kind of sexual or romantic experience. He claims he has that part of himself shut down, and that romance and love are just a bunch of crap. I basically feel the same way, but I have had enough experiences to justify that feeling. He's never really had any female friends, as well, so is this starting to bother him? Does he feel threatened by me because I am a woman? Please guys, help me out with this - I have enjoyed this relationship, or whatever you want to call it. He and I seem to have a lot in common; music, cycles, fast cars, loud engines, as well as deeper things such as eastern philosophy. He is the first male friend that I have had in my life that I feel completely comfortable and safe with. He knows this - could that be bothering him? Help, please - explain all this to me.