Hmmm...doesn't sound promising

Miss Mojo

hi alf,

while you might be sincere about spending the rest of your lives together, your post seems to indicate quite clearly that you are just not ready to do this. i even wonder if you will ever be ready to do this because you state that you two bicker so much. yes, an argument/disagreement/misunderstanding here and there is quite normal in a relationship and can sometimes be healthy, but when the arguing and nitpicking is a constant occurrence, it is most definitely not a good thing.

it is one thing to love a person and entertain thoughts of spending the rest of your lives together, but i can guarantee you, you will face tougher times ahead if you get married to this man. there will be tougher decisions to make as a couple regarding finances, work, children etc. not being a married couple is completely different (and from what i understand) a lot easier than being a married a couple...and if things don't work out in the marriage, there's a hell of a lot of fiddle-farting involved in getting out of the marriage.

personally, i don't think marriages should be entered into unless both parties are 110% sure they are ready and can handle anything that is dished out to them. i get the feeling from your post that you guys probably aren't suited to marriage, even though it's a nice dream to have....and is it possible that you are still with him out of habit because it's been such a long time??

remember, sometimes it's just not enough to love somebody.

good luck, and please don't rush into things!! there's a lot to be sorted out before the big "M" word comes into the picture.

:)