Any ideas

Victoria

I want to do something special for my boyfriends birthday. I need ideas. I want him to know that I love him and truly appreciate him. Does anyone have any creative suggestions?

David Gevert

Are you artistic or whatever in any way? What talents do you have? What foreign language did you take at high school? (Doesn't matter if you're rusty or don't know much.) What interests does he have?

I would lean towards doing something using your own personal talents to show how you feel, as opposed to a gift, but either will do the trick.

A few days ago, I just felt like reminding my girl that she was appreciated, so I used my computer to design a very nifty wallpaper-sized picture with a short, paragraph-long love letter. I'm not saying that you need to do this, but I generally gravitate towards creating something as opposed to just buying something.

But then again, searching your recent memories and remembering something that he really likes and getting him something related to that also shows thoughtfulness as well.

Have you told him that you love him already? That has an impact; are you telling him for the first time (that alone would be a great present...but I digress), or just wanting to remind him?

I want to do something special for my boyfriends birthday. I need ideas. I want him to know that I love him and truly appreciate him. Does anyone have any creative suggestions?

just do something for him that he will not be expecting. surprises are always fun! what does he enjoy doing? has he ever mentioned something that he has always wanted to do? i once took my boyfriend to an exclusive restaurant that overlooked the river and the whole city and i shocked the pants off him.....but you don't necessarily have to spend a lot of money. write him a poem, take him somewhere beautiful for a picnic, cook a three course meal for him (guys always appreciate food)....or if he is adventurous, do something daring, eg. bungee jumping! it all depends on what he is into.

and if all else fails, you can always surprise him with some new lingerie......(a gift for both of you!!!!).

eBay is a great resource for getting unique little gifts. Did your boyfriend have a favorite toy when he was a kid? You can probably find it. Does he have a favorite athlete, actor, movie, band? Get him an autographed picture, press kit, autographed CD, his favorite album on vinyl. Does he like to read? They have tons of first edition and autographed books. If he collects anything or is passionate about anything, eBay will likely have something cool related to that, and chances are you won't have to spend that much money. (If you've never been there, you can look at past auctions to see how much similar items went for.) I've had a lot of success getting people neat little surprises there. (And things they would never think to buy for themselves.)

David Gevert

If you go the eBay route, handy tip: when you're looking at an auction, *pay attention* to the seller's rating. There will be a number besides the seller's name...optimally that number should be at least in the hundreds, maybe higher. (Higher is better...it means that the seller has proven himself to be reliable in the past.)

eBay is a great resource for getting unique little gifts. Did your boyfriend have a favorite toy when he was a kid? You can probably find it. Does he have a favorite athlete, actor, movie, band? Get him an autographed picture, press kit, autographed CD, his favorite album on vinyl. Does he like to read? They have tons of first edition and autographed books. If he collects anything or is passionate about anything, eBay will likely have something cool related to that, and chances are you won't have to spend that much money. (If you've never been there, you can look at past auctions to see how much similar items went for.) I've had a lot of success getting people neat little surprises there. (And things they would never think to buy for themselves.)