Fighting....what about relationships that lack this?

David Gevert

David Gevert

There was a time when I thought that relationships could be strengthened by fighting occasionally (NOT constantly!) but at this point my girl and I have been going out for a total time of about a month and a half. We had one confrontation...not really even a fight, where I felt awkward and said so and we didn't talk for about 30 minutes and then made up.

We get along so incredibly well...I worry that if we do have a disagreement/confrontation that it'll be so unexpected/new/what-have-you that it could be devastating, even over a little thing. Granted, I don't think this is a SERIOUS worry...you know, just one of those little doubts that stay in the back of your mind...but how normal is it for two people to completely NOT clash at all with each other in a relationship? I'm not trying to be immodest when I say this, but I know I'm a guy who's always been considerate of other's feelings. I know she's very considerate too. I've just never heard of a relationship without disagreements of some sort.

stress less my friend!!!

i would tend to think that this is actually a good thing....the fact that you have found someone you are compatible with and that you don't fight with is fantastic! but you are probably thinking this is too good to be true, right? if i were you, i would just chill out and go with the flow. you are probably bound to have a disagreement eventually, but i'm almost positive it won't threaten your relationship to the point of breaking up! and besides, you really haven't been together for a long time, in fact you are still getting to know each other, so you are probably going to clash eventually over something. and whether it be over something minor or something major, if you both care about the relationship, you will work it out.

but for the time being, just take it easy! think yourself lucky to be with someone you get along with so well.

Thanks for your advice! Your relationship is very new, give it sometime and I am sure an arguement will arise. Not to look to the future and expect a fight but, when you really get to know eachother your differences will surface. Both of you may feel more comfortable to express your emtions, positive or negative. Gosh, be happy and grateful for a stress free relationship! Maintain the harmony. You are blessed!

stress less my friend!!! i would tend to think that this is actually a good thing....the fact that you have found someone you are compatible with and that you don't fight with is fantastic! but you are probably thinking this is too good to be true, right? if i were you, i would just chill out and go with the flow. you are probably bound to have a disagreement eventually, but i'm almost positive it won't threaten your relationship to the point of breaking up! and besides, you really haven't been together for a long time, in fact you are still getting to know each other, so you are probably going to clash eventually over something. and whether it be over something minor or something major, if you both care about the relationship, you will work it out. but for the time being, just take it easy! think yourself lucky to be with someone you get along with so well.