Should Second Chances be given??

I caught my boyfriend of 5 months dancing very sexually and kissing a random girl on the neck inside a club. He told me he needed to meet some of his guy friends in the club for just a couple of minutes. I wasn't in the mood to go with him or dressed for the part. As a non-controlling and trusting girlfriend, I let him be free and go about his business while I waited patiently inside his car. A couple of minutes turned into 30 min, and when I went to check up on him, I caught him in the act. Our relationship ended the next day with a text message which he sent me.

Now, after two months, and several email exchanges, he proclaims that he can't live without me and that he loves me still. He was too ashamed to call me before and that now he is a different person. He swears he made the biggest mistake of his life and that I am the girl he wants to marry.

I still love him very much, but I don't know if I should give him a second chance. The trust issue is broken and I don't know if I can get it back.

Please help, I don't know what to do, what if he actually did change and I miss out on this new opportunity to rebuild our relationship.

Also, if I do taking him back, how long do I stay upset to not make it seem like it was so easy to get me back and how do I put him to the test to see if he really is saying the truth and has changed???

• 2 weeks later...

well you should give hima just 1 more chance but be verry cautious for the next couple of months just to make sure he has changed . Because to love and be lost is better than to not be loved at all.

I bet you some of the very beswt relationships out there, the ones that live long and prosper are ones that in the beginning second chances were given.

But personally i think second chances should only be given to ones that you truely want to spend the rest of your life with. If you dont want to grow old with the person whats the point. Be mature enough to know if this is your soul mate or not.

Determine how much this relationship is worth to you, and there you will find your answer. Personally I would not bother with him if I were you. Find a guy that can better meet your needs. I also hate the term "soulmates". In reality there is no such thing. Romantic love is dependent on how well both sides fullfill each others needs.