Dating a friend of a friend

i put this in the friendship forum but perhaps this is a better place . . .

ok, i need some guys' advice on this one . . .

would you pursue a girl friend (not "girlfriend") of one of your best buddies? now here's the catch . . . your friend is very flirty with her when you see them interact (though you know that he has steady girlfriend, you get the feeling there's more to their friendship than just being friends)

what do you think?

• Author

i'm the girl in the situation. if i were in the same situation (interested in a guy friend of a girlfriend of mine, i would definitely just ask her; but i just know if guys think like this as well)

i've told my friend that he kind of "cock blocks" me (or whatever the female equivalent would be), and he, of course, denies it.

Am I missing something here or didn't you say this guy already had a girlfriend?

If I was the guy, I would probably ask my friend what was up with him and this other girl, and if he said like "oh nothing" then I'd give it a shot - if I liked her of course. I mean 'the friend' already has a girlfriend, so I don't see why the guy shouldn't be able to pursue this girl.

I don't understand.

If you are the girl in the situation, you want to date one of his friends? Is it the friend who flirts with you, but has a girlfriend?

I am curious about the "cock block" thing, too. I have a close female friend who is always going on about that. I CB her, she CB's me, and it's because of "the way we are," whatever that means. I've never noticed it, as I am not out to get girls when I am with her, so it's a moot point in my eyes.

If you want to date one of his friends, tell him. If he has a girlfriend he can't say anything. But realize that if it doesn't work out you won't be friends with him anymore, and the frienship you have right now will cool way off.