Anyone have advice about ingrown hairs with bikini waxing?

Hi, personal grooming question here....

I have an Epilady epilator (it is that thing that looks like an electric razor, but pulls hair out from the roots, they are pretty great, I recomend it over waxing for some things) and use it to maintain my brazilian wax hairlessness... the problem is that I get ingrown hairs all in the bikini region, not a ton, but enough that I don't want them... I also wax my "treasure trail" (don't worry, I'm not toatally hairy, just have a small girly one) so I get a few ingrown hairs on my lower belly too and I don't like that... I was wondering if anyone else who keeps that area hairless has advice for not getting ingrown hairs... would exfoliating really help? What is the best way to do this? I could use some tips, please :bunny:

yep exfoliating does really help. In Australia we also have a product called "Ingro Go" which is fantastic for preventing and fixing ingrown hairs. You could check out your local shops/chemists etc and see if they sell anything like that- or enquire with a beautician.

brittanyjean259

i have in grown hairs on my upper( arm pits), i have ingrown hairs on my side burns, i have them on my fingers...heck im just a hairy person in general....

bleach cream...for bikini waxing no THATS JUST painful.....shave every other day....and put deodarant on it...that could help:)

• Author

Haha, it does hurt, but I hate shaving all of the time cuz it gets like rough and coarse and itchy and prickly.... it is like kind of a crummy trade off but slightly better for me to go with the ouch and ingrown hairs....

HEHE, I am kind of a hairy person too, yay! I think it might be because I am Polish... it is cold there so maybe my ancestors need it to keep warm... just joking....

i hear you. i get the same problem with waxing and i get them on my stomach like you. i got ingrow go off of ebay and it seems to be working fairly well although i am always open to new products or techniques. exfoliating doesn't seem to do much for me, but i still do it anyways.

• Author

I just bought a little loofah scrubby... ooooh, I am gonna look into this ingrow go stuff... sounds interesting..... how does it work, is it like a cream or a scrubby or what?

"Ingrow go" (manufactured by Skin Doctors) is kind of like alcohol, transparent liquid. I've been using it for years and works wonders. Don't know how I managed before I found it!

Just put it on the area and it kind of burns the top layer of the skin where you have ingrowns and lets the head of the hair come out naturally, doesn't really hurt or anything either. Need to exfoliate to help out as well.

RecordProducer

Waxing causes ingrown hairs. I have them on my legs. You can shave from time to time, pull th hairs out with a (disinfected with alcohol) needle or use a depilatory cream instead. I agree shaving is terrible, but if you have to do it, use a good expensive razor for ladies and put baby powder afterwards.

• Author

Woah, I just found an american product online called Kalo... actually that is the brand... they have two products, one sounds just like Ingrow Go and I think I will get some... it is like $24 for 4 oz, though, but it sounds like a good product... the other product they have blows my mind... apparently if you put it on after you do hair removal every time, then after 3-6 times you will either hardly even or never need to remove hair there again... I wonder if it works, it had good reviews! I am a bit scared of permanant hair removal... I would be afraid to use it somewhere like bikini zone, cuz bikini wax styles change a lot... and everyone has different tastes... but geez, I don't think it will ever be stylish to have a hairy lip or furry tummy so I might try it and get rid of that stuff forever... anyone here try it???

RecordProducer
apparently if you put it on after you do hair removal every time, then after 3-6 times you will either hardly even or never need to remove hair there again... I wonder if it works, it had good reviews!
Yeah, right! If it were that magical, they would be the most successful company in the world! Women spend a few thousand bucks for laser permanent hair removal; if they could buy a lotion or cream for a few hundred bucks that would remove hair permanently, the company would give free samples and in a year they would be famous worldwide and make millions. I kinda don't trust the magical products I've never heard of before.

I am a bit scared of permanant hair removal... I would be afraid to use it somewhere like bikini zone, cuz bikini wax styles change a lot... and everyone has different tastes... but geez, I don't think it will ever be stylish to have a hairy lip or furry tummy so I might try it and get rid of that stuff forever... anyone here try it???

The biggest problem is the hair on the legs. I don't think hairy legs will EVER be trendy. :D
RainyDayWoman

i use the men's mach 3-- it's the best razor ever for women. expensive refill blades, but well worth it. NOT the mach 3 turbo--it's definitely not as good.

i've used it for years. i love my legs because of it. and i always use a moisturizing shave gel.

also, for the bikini line you can try shaving with bikini-zone anti-bump gel. it's awesome, and i never get razor burn or ingrown hairs.

i use the men's vibrating mach 3. i thought the whole idea was ridiculous until i actually tried it. its the closest shave i have ever gotten.