*URGENT* Complicated Sitaution, need feedback from experienced members! Thanks in adv

Torrent01

Alright guys, I've recreated the events which occurred in the past few days, and I can't seem to figure this out. More so, I hate trying to figure these things out because I know that as a senior in high school I have a lot of experience to gain and by stressing over things like this, I'm only going to make the situation worse. Please help by providing feedback, here we go...

Ok the situation is-

I met her at our Halloween dance, you talked to her.

Me: “Hey I see you all you the time at East High!”

Me: “what’s your name?”

Her: “Sarah”

“I’m Derik, want to dance?”

Neither of us knew how to dance to the song the DJ was playing(non-grind song, it was a country-based song).

Her: “how do you dance to this?”

Me: “I don’t know, just dance”

A bit later she said “I have to go find my group”

And she left

LATER THAT NIGHT…

You see her slow dancing with some guy.. after the dance is over(the last dance of night, you approach her)

Me: “Hey Sarah, what’s your #? I’ll call you and we’ll do something sometime”

Her: [Gives you her #]

Me: “Alright, I’ll talk to you later”

That was Oct 29

You wait 2 days, I know 3 days is the standard time to wait(to those girls out there, this is right, right? You wait 3 days so you dont seem desperate but not too long so that she forgets about you), but I'm impatient... so I wait 2 days

On Oct 31 you call her during the day, she’s with her friends

Conversation goes poorly, you don’t seem cool, its slow, uneventful, and coversations are always hard when the other person has friends around them, it gives you a natural disadvantage.

Me, after a minute: “I have another call, can you hang on a sec?”

She says “Yeah”

2 mins later, you're about to start talking to her again, but you hear: “Does he like you?” from one of her friends.

Then a few seconds later she hangs up.

Great.

I try calling her back, no answer.

LATER THAT NIGHT..

You call her, she picks up, looks like she’s doing something again. Conversation is very short and brief. You ask if she wants to get lunch or something, she says “Yeah just text me during 2nd period” she has drill class that period. You agree, and say bye

Today… Nov.1

I text her in 2nd period(note we have 4 class periods in a day, lunch is after 2nd), ask her if she wants to go to lunch, no response

I call her, no response

I go to Wendy’s with my friends

She shows up with her friends

She probably sees you but you’re not sure

Jake comments on how some guy made out with her at the Halloween dance(suggesting she’s easy because she didn’t go with a guy, but she still hooked up).

I don’t talk to her, and she doesn’t talk to you

I leave

I text her in 4th asking her if she wants to hang out

She says she can’t because she’s going with one of her drill friends to go over some stuff.

You say that’s fine, that you wanted to invite her to Hanah’s because everyone was going there, in the same text I mention that I haven't really gotten to know her and I ask her what her favorite bands are.

She doesn’t reply.

NOW FOR ANALYSIS------

I put a - sign if i think certain aspects went badly, 2 -'s are very bad

+ signs if things went well for me

She gave you her real #, and corrected you when you wrote it incorrectly in your phone, that’s a (++), so far so good

You call her, she’s with her friends (--) and you don’t sound cool (-), she hangs up (--) You call her back but no answer(--)

You call her again at night, she’s with friends/a friend again (-), you talk very shortly and not very coolly (-). You arrange something for tomorrow(neutral)

Today-

You text her, no response(-)

Call her, no response (-)

Text her in 4th period and ask her to do something after school, says she can’t (-)

Doesn’t notice/pretends not to notice you in hall, but you look cool (neutral/+)

So, at this point, I'm in VERY BAD SHAPE, as far as I can tell, what can i do?

I also though that I might add on the information that I already gave that....

I really like this girl, even though she might be inexperienced because she put out so easily to a random guy at the halloween dance(this is based off what I heard, may not be factual).

Normally, when a girl I'm attracted to is not attracted to me, I cut my losses and move on. But with this girl, I know I can't do that, I don't know why, but I can't accept rejection. It's not infatuation, I really have fallen in love with her based off physical features, I hardly know her, but all i want is to be with her, I can't stop thinking about her!

If it helps, I'm a senior and she's a junior in high school, so I'm a year older than her.

Please give me the best advice and keep in mind that I do want to be with her, if that is absolutely not possible based off your interpretation of the situation then say it, but I don't think thats the case. Thanks!

You know the saying, "if you love something, set it free, if it comes back to you, it's yours to keep"???

Well in your case, I'd just stick to the fisrt part... set her free for her own sake! You can't be in love with someone you've had one conversation with, and a bunch of unresponsive text messages. It's blind infatuation, nothing more. Frankly, you frighten me, just reading your post, I can't even imagine how she feels... You met her at a halloween party, and it's November 1, and you're already this worked up about it. This just spells disaster.

are you going to college? if so, dont even worry about some silly little high school girl cause college girls are way better.

if not, start applying!

Sounds like to me she is a player and you need to move on !!! Tell her you don't have time for the games and she needs to decide if she likes you or not!!! Good Luck:bunny: :D

You have made numerous efforts to spend time with her and she hasn't recipricated your interest in ANY WAY. She is ignoring you/blowing you off. Move on to someone else and by all means stop calling/texting her. You are making yourself look pathetic.

You have made numerous efforts to spend time with her and she hasn't recipricated your interest in ANY WAY. She is ignoring you/blowing you off. Move on to someone else and by all means stop calling/texting her. You are making yourself look pathetic.

Totally agree also with Hooghie!! Move on and find someone that is deserving of you!! Good luck:D :bunny::p

From what I remember of high-school... In order to get the girl to be attracted to you, you have to act as though she doesn't exist. Blow her off, don't contact her, act uninterested for the most part. Then have rumors spread that you like her, but act totally non-chalant about the whole thing.

That's what I seem to remember about high-school anyway. Not sure that'd apply to your situation.

For future reference... NEVER take another call while on the phone with the girl you're trying to go after. NEVER!!!! Basically you told her that she isn't, and will never be, as important to you as everything else in the world. And if you act this way now, in the beginning stages of potentially dating, then you'll be blowing her off for anything and everything after you've dated a while. For me, this is an immediate NOT GONNA DATE HIM.

Unless your mother just died, or you were expecting a call from the president. Don't put the girl you're madly infatuated with on hold.

And let her off the phone when she's with friends. Don't keep talking. It's pointless for you, and it's kind of rude. Just say you know she's busy, and you'd like to talk when she has time.

I think you blew it. Salvage your self respect and stop chasing her.

• Author

but is there any way i can salvage my chances? I know that I should probably pick up and move on but in this case it seems incredulous to do that. I've been infatuated before, gone after, been rejected, and cut my losses, but I dont feel like I can let go emotionally that easily with this girl... there's just something about her..