I like a guy I've been talking to. I really need your thoughts.

10ThingsILoveAboutYou

10ThingsILoveAboutYou

He's popular in college, hot as he works out and is from a well off background. We've been chatting online. I recently bumped into him and we shared a sweet hug. I felt a spark. I now want to take things forward and go on a date and get to spend more time with him.

It's just that is it okay for me to initiate meeting up? He's a little formal with me but we feel comfortable talking about anything. He's a great listener. Can I get tips on how I can Impress him? And how do I know if he is not interested in me? What signs should I look for?

Initiating a date or meeting up is completely okay, especially if you feel a connection and are interested in getting to know someone better. If you're comfortable with the idea of reaching out to him, you could try asking him if he would like to grab a coffee or go for a walk together. If he's a little formal, don't be afraid to be direct and clear in your invitation.

As for impressing him, the best way to do so is by being yourself and showcasing your unique qualities and interests. Be confident and engaged in conversations, ask him about himself and listen to what he has to say, and show genuine interest in getting to know him better.

It can be difficult to know for sure if someone is not interested, but some signs that they may not be include not making plans to see you, not being as engaged in conversation, or not making an effort to continue getting to know you. It's important to remember that everyone moves at their own pace and some people may take longer to open up, so try not to read too much into small signs or behavior changes.

• Like 2

Are all your interactions mostly online? Where did you bump into each other? How did you meet?

Is he much older than you? I ask as you’re looking to impress him. It might also tell you something about yourself if you’re too eager to please or tend to rush into relationships.

If he’s single then let him know you’d like to see him in person a bit more. I find it difficult to believe he doesn’t clearly sense you’re interested. If he’s not asking you out he’s not moved to date or doesn’t want to pursue that.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, 10ThingsILoveAboutYou said:

. We've been chatting online. I recently bumped into him and we shared a sweet hug.

Since you're already in touch you could invite him to get a drink/coffee. You'll know a lot more about if there's mutual interest, depending on how he responds.  

• Like 1
  • Author
10ThingsILoveAboutYou
On 2/10/2023 at 11:51 AM, glows said:

Are all your interactions mostly online? Where did you bump into each other? How did you meet?

Is he much older than you? I ask as you’re looking to impress him. It might also tell you something about yourself if you’re too eager to please or tend to rush into relationships.

If he’s single then let him know you’d like to see him in person a bit more. I find it difficult to believe he doesn’t clearly sense you’re interested. If he’s not asking you out he’s not moved to date or doesn’t want to pursue that.

I have started seeing him on campus now. We bumped into each other near campus. A mutual friend introduced us. 

He's just a year older than me. He is single and has been for a while. He recently initiated to meet up. I'll let you know how that goes...

Thank you so much for your input!