Is there a reason behind this ?

• Author
Sarah belle
10 minutes ago, stillafool said:

Okay if you're not interested in him "in that way" but knowing he feels that way about you, be fair and stop contact with him.  If you want to go out with him but he asks you at an time that is inconveinient for you, tell him when you're free and can see him.  Otherwise let him know you aren't interested and to please stop contact.  How would you like it if a guy treated you the way you''re treating him?

He asked me out like 7 months ago….. that’s when I declined all of the dates. Since then he hasn’t asked me out. He’s just been texting me every month or two checking on me. 

13 minutes ago, Sarah belle said:

He asked me out like 7 months ago….. that’s when I declined all of the dates. Since then he hasn’t asked me out. He’s just been texting me every month or two checking on me. 

Do you want to go out with him?  If so, the next time he texts you it would be proper to ask him if he wants to get together.  Then give him a date and time when you're free.  It's clear he likes you because he keeps checking in.

Why wouldn't you just clear this question up when he reaches out to you?   I'm confused about why you'd think that a bunch of strangers are a better bet than the guy himself to ask "Is there a reason behind this."

As usual, however, I am not on board with the idea that these type of "reasons" are in any way meaningful.   You don't know him so you can't make any reasonable guesses as to his motivations for anything he chooses to do in his life.  The only question you really need to ask are to yourself:  Why do you care, when you have no interest in this person?   Block him.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Sarah belle said:

He’s just been texting me every month or two checking on me. 

That doesn't seem like he's annoying you that much. Are you hoping he's still interested?

• Author
Sarah belle
21 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

That doesn't seem like he's annoying you that much. Are you hoping he's still interested?

He’s not annoying me at all. I just wanted to know maybe  the reason behind a man would do this after some what being rejected?

• Author
Sarah belle
2 hours ago, stillafool said:

Are you interested in him??????????

I was at first. A little turn around… so the guy I’m talking about in this post let’s just call him “Mark”. Marks friend pursued me about a couple months after we stoped talking. Now I’m not sure if Mark discussed our relations with his some what friend or not. Yet at the time I had know idea that they were “friends” or acquaintances is more like it.  I ended up ending things with the friend due to other reasons and he brought up Mark and asked if I knew him ? That’s when I found out they knew each other. Now I don’t know if my name came up in their conversations but I can bet it did….  If so , why is Mark reaching out knowing I had relations with his acquaintance? Even though it’s friendly chatter, Im still very confused by his motives. 

15 minutes ago, Sarah belle said:

Even though it’s friendly chatter, Im still very confused by his motives. 

And we’re all confused about why you care so much. If you’re curious, ask him. Seems simple enough.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Sarah belle said:

Even though it’s friendly chatter.

Try to avoid this, particularly if you believe they're talking about you . 

• Author
Sarah belle
21 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Try to avoid this, particularly if you believe they're talking about you . 

I technically rejected both of them. Mark I declined the dates with and guy 2 his acquaintance wanted a relationship with me and I declined. So wouldn’t talking about me make them look “pathetic “ ???

28 minutes ago, Sarah belle said:

I technically rejected both of them. Mark I declined the dates with and guy 2 his acquaintance wanted a relationship with me and I declined. So wouldn’t talking about me make them look “pathetic “ ???

Not at all.  People do converse about others and the situations we find ourselves in.   No different to you talking about it here.

1 hour ago, Sarah belle said:

I technically rejected both of them. 

If you don't mind having a chat buddy, that's ok. However why not spend time and energy on guys you are into instead of ones you're not into?

• Author
Sarah belle
1 hour ago, Wiseman2 said:

If you don't mind having a chat buddy, that's ok. However why not spend time and energy on guys you are into instead of ones you're not into?

I don’t spend time on him… this was just a general question. I date guys, go on dates with them etc. 

3 hours ago, Sarah belle said:

Sorry, but spending any time at all trying to figure out some meaningless texts from a person you don't know and have no interest in knowing is what comes off as kind of "pathetic."    

Edited by NuevoYorko
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, NuevoYorko said:

Sorry, but spending any time at all trying to figure out some meaningless texts from a person you don't know and have no interest in knowing is what comes off as kind of "pathetic." 

Agree. There is obviously a reason why you continue to keep the door open and respond to his texts - you haven’t shared that with us… i think you like the attention, or you are keeping your options open… regardless, it’s wasted time and energy if you are not interested in dating the man. 

ExpatInItaly

You like having your ego stroked by this guy. That much is clear. 

If he's not bothering you, and you're not considering blocking him, just keep doing what you're doing. When he gets a girlfriend, he'll eventually stop texting you anyway. Problem solved. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Sarah belle said:

I was at first.

This still didn't answer my question.   Are you still interested in him and want to date him??????