Need advice

Qwerty123456

Qwerty123456

My husband of 20years crossed the line. An innocent fb conversation turned sexual for a few mins however the other party didn’t allow it to continue. He is remorseful and understands how wrong it was and says it was him seeking attention and validation as we hadn’t been in a good place. And would have never don’t anything with it. He says it could have been a bot he was talking to. Can i ever move on from this? It’s extremely hard for me. I have months when I’m ok than it hits me hard . and not sure if my marriage can survive this . Any feedback appreciated. 

45 minutes ago, Qwerty123456 said:

we hadn’t been in a good place. . I have months when I’m ok than it hits me hard . and not sure if my marriage can survive this . 

Sorry this is happening. How long ago did this happen and how did you come across these FB messages?

How is the marriage overall? What does he mean by "not in a good place"? 

Have you considered marriage therapy?

• Author
Qwerty123456

This happened in April 2021. I found out in may 2022 as the lady shared a pic of the exchange to me privately and said I’m not fond of unfaithful men. Our marriage overall has seen its ups and downs but has been solid . Not in a good place as we were disconnected going through a rough patch . We saw one therapist didn’t help much and we have seen psychologists on our own last year . 

• Author
Qwerty123456
2 hours ago, basil67 said:

I'm sorry this happened.  How did you find out about it?

The lady sent me a photo of the exchange 

2 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Sorry this is happening. How long ago did this happen and how did you come across these FB messages?

How is the marriage overall? What does he mean by "not in a good place"? 

Have you considered marriage therapy?

This happened in April 2021. I found out in may 2022 as the lady shared a pic of the exchange to me privately and said I’m not fond of unfaithful men. Our marriage overall has seen its ups and downs but has been solid . Not in a good place as we were disconnected going through a rough patch . We saw one therapist didn’t help much and we have seen psychologists on our own last year . 

2 hours ago, Qwerty123456 said:

the lady shared a pic of the exchange to me privately and said I’m not fond of unfaithful men.  

Do you feel this was evidence of an affair and this woman contacted you for this reason?

Edited by Wiseman2