Apps/dating sites for ladies over 40?

suckered

I just recently got back online. So far, I have tried OKC and it seems like it is pretty dead and full of people that are into non-monogomy.

I also tried Bumble but I get heaps of matches - the only problem is that when I message them, either they don't reply or give short, boring replies. I only had 1 date out of it and it was pretty bad.

Last time I did OLD was about 5 years ago and seemed to have much better luck using only OKC and Bumble. I am trying to not jump to conclusions that it's my age that's the problem (but it's probably part of it).

Should I try Tinder? I am not opposed to something casual.

19 minutes ago, suckered said:

Should I try Tinder? I not opposed to something casual.

The best thing you can do is get a good profile and pics on quality dating apps. Including at least one paid app.

The important thing is matching and screening criteria. Paid apps may have more serious daters and more  screening and matching features.

Tinder is trying to clean up it's image as a "hookup app" , but it's still the go-to app for casual encounters. 

The trick with OLD, is preventing burnout. That means narrowing things down and eliminating timewasters early on.

I met my bf on FB dating. I liked it, no way to know if the person is online, no way to know if they read your message, it's stress free. 

Stay away from hookup app like Tinder.

2 hours ago, suckered said:

I am trying to not jump to conclusions that it's my age that's the problem

Why would your age be a problem, you got to stop this type of insecurity. I was online dating at 45 and had tons of date, i was online dating at 55 and met the most wonderful man l've been dating 7 months now. Love has no age, the world is full of singles of any age.

Edited by Gaeta
2 hours ago, suckered said:

I am trying to not jump to conclusions that it's my age that's the problem (but it's probably part of it).

How old are you? I think the only time age becomes an issue is for women in their mid-30s who want to have kids. Other than that it’s not really an issue. As you get older there are more people in relationships so fewer people to meet in general, but also less competition. 

shellzbellz83

I'm 40, and I met my fiance on Tinder at 38. You can meet commitment-minded men anywhere if your picker is correctly attuned and you don't indulge men who don't want what you do, IMO

• Like 2
2 hours ago, shellzbellz83 said:

I'm 40, and I met my fiance on Tinder at 38. You can meet commitment-minded men anywhere if your picker is correctly attuned and you don't indulge men who don't want what you do, IMO

Yes sometimes there is a happy story coming out of tinder, just like there are happy stories coming from occasional hook ups but it's not 'the place' to go if you search for a life partner.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, shellzbellz83 said:

My cousin and his wife met on Tinder, united by their shared passion for skiing. Although they were living 2,000 miles apart, they managed to make it work and eventually got married, settling down and having children. He is in the US Air Force and she is a teacher - it just goes to show that love can find a way!

Another married couple I know met on Bumble.

Tinder might be quite overwhelming. It is the most widely used dating app among younger generations, and it fully embraces the hook-up culture. As a result, there is stiff competition when using this platform.

With dating apps like Bumble, you can go out to the movies, dinner, and even form relationships and friendships with people you would have never met before. Don't let age keep you from experiencing new things - try out these apps as a way to have fun and embrace the opportunities that come with being a 40-something single. Your life doesn't need to be closing down - it's just starting to open up!

Edited by Alpacalia

Just gonna have to be pretty firm in your bio about your expectations. Then roll the dice.