Sexless Marriage

BettyDraper

One of the reasons I left my marriage was it became sexless. I tried so hard to tolerate that out of love for my ex. In the end, I felt dead inside and I could not handle the situation. 

It didn't help that my ex refused to go to counseling for other issues. He also betrayed me with financial matters. 

What I don't understand is former friends judged me for leaving. "Sex isn't everything!" "Just use sex toys!"

My fiance and I have a wonderful sex life. He's also much younger than my ex so he is much more fun and energetic. I love that he's willing to go to counseling; we are in premarital counseling. 

We share our money and there is no deception. I'm so happy. 😍

Edited by BettyDraper
2 hours ago, BettyDraper said:

.What I don't understand is former friends judged me for leaving. "Sex isn't everything!" "Just use sex toys!"

My fiance and I have a wonderful sex life

You made the right choice. Don't worry about what friends think. Some people can live with the companionship as they get older. However a battery powered handheld device is not the same as intimacy.

ExpatInItaly
On 4/28/2023 at 6:30 PM, BettyDraper said:

What I don't understand is former friends judged me for leaving. "Sex isn't everything!" "Just use sex toys!"

Meh, I wouldn't mcuh care what others think about your decision to leave. They weren't in the marriage and don't get a vote. I personally would not share any more information about it. 

On 4/28/2023 at 6:30 PM, BettyDraper said:

We share our money and there is no deception

That's great, but strikes me as a little odd you'd mention it. It should be a given in a relationship, so I have to ask - was there deception in your marriage? 

• Author
BettyDraper
On 5/1/2023 at 12:09 AM, ExpatInItaly said:

Meh, I wouldn't mcuh care what others think about your decision to leave. They weren't in the marriage and don't get a vote. I personally would not share any more information about it. 

That's great, but strikes me as a little odd you'd mention it. It should be a given in a relationship, so I have to ask - was there deception in your marriage? 

Yes there was. There was also other forms of financial abuse such as yelling at me over spending $20 in front of my family. My ex made six figures. 

He did not stop this behavior until I threatened divorce.