Boyfriend (28M) has only fans in saved passwords in google

Disguisedthing

I (27F) have been with my partner (29M) 4 years and we have previously discussed only fans etc and he has always said that he thinks it’s not something you use when in a relationship and in general he doesn’t have great opinions on it. I was recently snooping and in his saved passwords- I found an only fans account login. Now this login is an email associated with another persons name, the password also doesn’t look like something he’d use, so I thought maybe he used a friends login maybe they were talking about someone they knew on there and wanted to have a look. Still not something I’d be okay with but I get it. However, he doesn’t have a friend with that name (associated with the email) and also the email address isn’t registered and it’s not real so I’m thinking maybe he just made a fake account. Either way, I’m pissed but I want to have more ammo before I speak to him. It could be from before our relationship which isn’t likely as I don’t think only fans was popular 4 years ago… does anybody know how to check when a password was saved to google passwords? How to find out when it was last accessed? Or maybe how to find out how long an only fans account has been active. I’ve logged in and there’s no subscriptions, no details to attach to my partner but I’m still pissed. Can anyone help?

8 minutes ago, Disguisedthing said:

I’ve logged in and there’s no subscriptions, no details to attach to my partner but I’m still pissed. 

Saved passwords are there until you change or delete them. Are there other trust issues? 

• Author
Disguisedthing

No other trust issues. We’ve been very happy in our relationship. Tbh I wasn’t even snooping I was looking for one of my saved passwords and then got curious, but it’s something I would also do in front of him as we are open with everything. 
The login works for the site, I logged in and there’s no subscriptions or any follows or anything. It’s almost like it was a fake account made to literally look up one person? The email address used isn’t verified and it’s somebody else’s name and the password isn’t something my partner would ever use. 
I want to check how long ago the onlyfans account was made or how long it’s been saved to his PC so I know whether this was last week or maybe 3 years ago when we were first dating?

Onlyfans has been around for more than 4 years for sure, maybe not that well established back then, but still; so it could be an old account that he had before you. 

Another angle: A friend might have been over who used the computer, and that friend saved the credentials by accident. 

If it wasn’t a friend, it is your BF who used these credentials, and they were either borrowed from somebody else, or he created a burner e-mail account to cover his tracks, either before you met him or after. There’s no way to investigate when this email/password combination was last used for this particular website. Google search history would be your best bet, but if you both use that computer, he would certainly delete it. And in the meantime, you’ve visited the website, too, so even the search history wouldn’t be accurate anymore. 

• Thanks 1

Google saves passwords until you go into the list to delete them and most people don't think to do that when deleting or shutting down an account. It's probably an old account and isn't using it anymore now that he is in a relationship like he told you. I think you should judge how he treats you and not what you find in your computer archeological digs. 

Edited by smackie9
  • Like 1

If the email address isn't activated, or subscribed to, or following anything, does it really even matter? It sounds extremely unlikely he's actually using the account. Perhaps he created it once out of curiosity and discarded it or forgot it Perhaps it was a friend on his computer. If you want to start a fight over nothing, by all means confront him over it. Otherwise, pick your battles over things that are more important

• Like 3
On 5/2/2023 at 2:48 AM, Disguisedthing said:

I want to check how long ago the onlyfans account was made or how long it’s been saved to his PC so I know whether this was last week or maybe 3 years ago when we were first dating?

I initially believed you when you said that you weren't snooping, but found this stuff by accident.  But now that you want to take this to high level snooping, I'm starting to doubt it. 

Is this a hill you wish to die on?

• Like 2

This really sounds like you are wanting to destroy your relationship going down this path. Is that what you want? A way out of the relationship?

I look at it this way, if there’s no active account and no confirmation, it was never intended to be more than “what is this?”

• Like 2

Ask him what he thinks about onlyfans. If he ever had an account.....just see what he says.

There is no way you can find out when a password was saved. You can find out when he visited the site last, but only if he saves his browser history, doesn't use an incognito window, and doesn't clear his cache.

I think you would be far better off talking to him about this (openly and in a non-accusatory manner), than trying to snoop.

• Like 1
On 5/1/2023 at 12:48 PM, Disguisedthing said:

I wasn’t even snooping I was looking for one of my saved passwords and then got curious, 

Did you know that he can view when you logged in to his device? Be careful about snooping through other's devices.  There's a digital time stamp on everything. It may be best to communicate better in terms of boundaries.

• Like 1

Maybe he used a dummy account to check if you are on onlyfans when the two of you first met. Maybe he was just snooping.