Apart from him being disloyal there is no other reason to get rid of him.

I have been dating this really awesome guy for 5 years. However he has a flaw and that is that he has slept with a few random chicks since I have been with him. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind he loves me and these girls mean nothing to him but enough is enough. We just went on a holiday away for a week (because I just found out he cheated) and we really had a huge talk and I have decided to give him one more chance and I stressed to him that next time there will be no us. I also was able to express my feelings to him and let him know how hurt and disgusted I feel about it and told him I love him and he is my best friend.

He really opened up to me about it, he even cried to me telling me that he was stupid and really hurting about what he has done with no real excuse as to why except that he was lonely as he works away fly in fly out. To me no excuse he could give me would make it excuseable, however my heart and gut instincts believe that this time he really will be faithful and that he has learnt his lesson.

I just want to know if I am stupid for giving him another chance especially when he never came clean with me I just sort of knew he had. We really are best friends and have so much fun together and our sex life is great, apart from him being disloyal there is no other reason to get rid of him.

Do you reckon he could change?