Manners

Girl iv been dating burps all the time on the phone and when we are in person. She apologises but keeps doing it. Lack of attraction and respect for me?

1 hour ago, fred123 said:

Girl iv been dating burps all the time on the phone and when we are in person. 

How long have you been dating? How old is she? If it turns you off, tell her you're not a match so you can move forward. It's not about you, that's just how she is.

As it's all the time, it sounds like it's a digestion issue.  She may be able to fix it by changing her eating habits.  If that doesn't work, she should see a doctor.    Having health issues is completely unrelated to whether or not she is attracted to or respects you.

• Like 1

Excessive burping if not health related would drive me batty. I find it extremely irritating and distracting. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me. I cannot focus on the conversation until the burping has stopped.

Ageless Wisdom23

Swallowing excess air.  It is from many reasons under the no fun sun she is having this problem.  Maybe if she 😘took an antacid for This, She would calm the savage beast.  I believe she could control it on the phone where you would not know it but in person?  A bit hard.  Maybe she should see her doctor.  Perhaps a kind suggestion from your  sweet lips.

Are these alphabet burps or little hiccupy cutesy burps? 

How is she in general towards you? Does she seem respectful? 

If it is a turn off you know you’re not a match.

She may have food intolerance she doesn't know about yet. When you're with her and she burps why don't you ask her if she's ok and if digestion is giving her a hard time?.

It's not something impolite because it's not something she can control, unless she burps in your face with an open mouth, that would be impolite.

Lotsgoingon

What she could have done is simply tell you about why she was having the burps.

Did she explain?

• Author
12 minutes ago, Lotsgoingon said:

What she could have done is simply tell you about why she was having the burps.

Did she explain?

She does it on purpose. She never used to do it. It's the same girl as before. She's lost respect for me. 

If this is the result of a medical condition, it’s reasonable to explain that. If she truly can’t control it, she can’t control it (I'm assuming she's tried over-the-counter remedies like Gas-X, etc., and asked her doctor for treatment).

My late boss had a medical condition and he accidentally tooted around me all the time. I would ignore it and pretend I didn't hear it. I knew he couldn't help it. Though he would apologize. I appreciated his humility.

It's reasonable for you to be pretty miserable if you're subjected to burping constantly. Unless you’re with friends who find your farts and burps hilarious. Sometimes they are. I mean, who doesn't love a good toot-and-a-giggle every now and then?

I don’t think she needs to be shocked by that — it’s understandable that it’s creating a pretty unpleasant environment for you. Similarly, if you had a constant cough or nose-sniffing problem, you'd probably still try to be thoughtful about how it affected others, to the extent that you could.

As long as it's totally under her control, and she's teasing you, you can, when the other person is genuinely annoyed, stop. Some people do it to be obnoxious and irritate the other person. There is a fine line between playful teasing and outright disrespect. You’re creating a loud, stinky disruptive environment for your date and said burper doesn't seem to care at all.

Just ask her what causes it. It may be the reason she's single, and maybe it could be easily cured, and she probably feels embarrassed by it. If she doesn't, maybe she's not the girl for you because farting will be next. You don't want to be leaning in for that first tender smooch when she tears off an 8.5 on the Richter. 

6 hours ago, fred123 said:

She does it on purpose. She never used to do it. It's the same girl as before. She's lost respect for me. 

It looks like this girl has let out one too many burps. Time to send her on her way and find someone with a little more respect! Good riddance!

Is it lost respect or is it that she clueless?   Have you told her that her fake burps are a turn off?   

• Like 1
7 hours ago, fred123 said:

She does it on purpose.. . It's the same girl as before.She's lost respect for me. 

If it's this woman, she may be getting comfortable with you because there's no romance.

• Author
10 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

If it's this woman, she may be getting comfortable with you because there's no romance.

What does that mean when a girl gets comfortable?

27 minutes ago, fred123 said:

What does that mean when a girl gets comfortable?

She acts like herself rather than putting her best foot forward. So she may feel free to burb, fart and other things around you. 

Do you like her? Are you attracted to her? Are you in a relationship or just casually getting together?  

• Like 1
19 hours ago, fred123 said:

Sorry to hear this. Does this not seem immature to you as well? Unless it’s an inside joke or the two of you are laughing your butts off together while burping away, most cultures/upbringing/social situations don’t include emitting noisy air  and smells from one’s mouth. She’s free to do as she pleases though.

You’re free to drop her and not see her again. My guess is she won’t be surprised or bothered either.

Are you trying to gauge her comfort level and romantic interest in you by observing her burping behavior? If you've been dating for a while then it's certainly plausible.

Does the burping bother you? 

This woman doesn't sound to be releasing a tiny burp - she is body-shakingly, truck-driver-style BELCHING all the time. It was no accident, either - like you say - she is actively producing belches more impressive than those at a campfire flatulence competition.

If you like it then just go with it.

You’ve said that she does it on purpose.  You also said that she apologises.  Why would she apologise it it was done deliberately?

• Like 1

Fred: You won't succeed at relationships until you start talking/communicating. This is what relationships are, we 'relate' to one another. You did not talk about the last incident with her and you're not talking to her about this present issue, how is that going to help you get in a happy relationship?

How do you know she does it on purpose? You don't, you are assuming and building all types of false associations in your head. *talk to her*. 

• Like 1
Calmandfocused

I think you’re being over sensitive here op. 

This is not about you at all. Most people can’t help it when they burp. Agree with others that it sounds like a digestive issue. Nothing to do with respect for you. 

Unless she purposely contracts her chest and airways, and  forces out a long, deep belchy burp whilst saying “Riiibbbittt”, I don’t think you have anything to worry about personally. 

• Like 1