Someone rejected me?

12 minutes ago, justaskingok said:

I was just going with the flow, I wasn't looking into the future. so I guess I was content with just talking to him, I wasn't like ommgggg I need to see him.

So what do you want? No “I guess”. A texting buddy? 

• Author
Just now, Weezy1973 said:

So what do you want? No “I guess”. A texting buddy? 

I would like physical interaction too. But if schedules are busy I'm not crying about it, I just roll with it.

53 minutes ago, justaskingok said:

I would like physical interaction too. But if schedules are busy I'm not crying about it, I just roll with it.

I would think that you not being bothered about physical interaction with a potential partner makes you an outlier.  This is likely why you're struggling to understand his choice to move on.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, justaskingok said:

That is unusual.   I believe most people would not want to make time for any relationship, including new friends,  that would only be taking place "virtually" unless it was focussed on some shared interest like gaming or a hobby.   

I don't know how old you are, but maintaining healthy friendships and relationships with adult family members (that you actually like) takes time and effort.   Actual work.  So even if we meet a new person who seems interesting and we might be "vibing," as you put it,  many of us as adults are not going to be investing  in those.   

• Like 1
  • Author
4 minutes ago, NuevoYorko said:

That is unusual.   I believe most people would not want to make time for any relationship, including new friends,  that would only be taking place "virtually" unless it was focussed on some shared interest like gaming or a hobby.   

I don't know how old you are, but maintaining healthy friendships and relationships with adult family members (that you actually like) takes time and effort.   Actual work.  So even if we meet a new person who seems interesting and we might be "vibing," as you put it,  many of us as adults are not going to be investing  in those.   

Idk. I met a friend while on vacation in Florida when I was 15 years old...and we will contact eachother periodically years inbetween and it feels like we're good friends. I dont think you have to be physically be there to have friendships. Sometimes you just need someone to talk to whose a good listener.

7 hours ago, justaskingok said:

He just texted me "hi" thats all, I didn't reply yet. Should I? 

I was content with just talking to him on the phone TBH, I'm more than good with no relationship. You've read my other threads, the thought of having an official, serious relationship makes me cringe because of having to share everything. I enjoy talking to him as friends. 

If you're fine with interacting and enjoy the exchanges, sure. You're alright with talking to him platonically and don't need a romantic relationship, and he's not interested in dating either. In that case, there's nothing wrong with maintaining contact.

At some point it may just fizzle out.

Not wanting a serious relationship at this stage in your life with anyone is totally understandable. Sometimes when we're in that phase in life where it's, "I kind of want to date" but "I don't want a relationship" we stick to situations that are casual and not too serious. You don't have to be in a serious relationship to experience great love and some degree of companionship. You can still date people, hang out with friends, and enjoy activities with others while also doing whatever else it is that makes you happy. It doesn't mean you have to close yourself off to the possibility of a relationship in the future either; just take it at your own pace.

3 minutes ago, justaskingok said:

Idk. I met a friend while on vacation in Florida when I was 15 years old...and we will contact eachother periodically years inbetween and it feels like we're good friends. I dont think you have to be physically be there to have friendships. Sometimes you just need someone to talk to whose a good listener.

I don't disagree with that.  But in this case, you started out like there was potential for dating.  He said it wouldn't work out due to distance and you concurred ... 

The disconnect came when he wasn't interested in just being chat buddies instead.  He didn't feel like he had time for that and to me, it's understandable.