LADIES please a little more advice

I will take the advice I recieved to back off & stop pursuing my ex even though I seemed to be making some progress with the calls & flowers. LADIES I am fairly certain she will call in the next few days, if for no other reason than curiosity as to why I have stopped calling. I know not to seem to be waiting for her call, sound busy, casual, but here is my question. A friend of mine set me up on a date for Friday. I am planning on going, to help get my mind off my ex.. When my ex calls, should I casually mention this date. "Bob set me up with one of the girls from the gym on Friday, I can't really back out, it's going to be really weird going out with someone else." Not sounding enthusiastic about it, just talking to her like a friend and perhaps sparking a twinge of jealousy. Do you think I should mention this? Also anything else I should say or how to act when this call comes?

Thanks in advance.

I will take the advice I recieved to back off & stop pursuing my ex even though I seemed to be making some progress with the calls & flowers. LADIES I am fairly certain she will call in the next few days, if for no other reason than curiosity as to why I have stopped calling. I know not to seem to be waiting for her call, sound busy, casual, but here is my question. A friend of mine set me up on a date for Friday. I am planning on going, to help get my mind off my ex.. When my ex calls, should I casually mention this date. "Bob set me up with one of the girls from the gym on Friday, I can't really back out, it's going to be really weird going out with someone else." Not sounding enthusiastic about it, just talking to her like a friend and perhaps sparking a twinge of jealousy. Do you think I should mention this? Also anything else I should say or how to act when this call comes? Thanks in advance.

I think you are trying to contol this situation too much when you should be stepping back and getting on with other things. You need to stop trying to manipulate her by doing certain things, as this is not constructive. Take a more laid back approach and see what comes of it.

I knew someone who did the same thing to me as you are thinking of doing (with the other date thing) and rather than make me jealous it irritated me that he could be so calculating, as I could see right throught what he was doing.

You cannot get her by trying to work the situation to your advantage. It will likely not work at all or only work for a short time.

I will take the advice I recieved to back off & stop pursuing my ex even though I seemed to be making some progress with the calls & flowers. LADIES I am fairly certain she will call in the next few days, if for no other reason than curiosity as to why I have stopped calling. I know not to seem to be waiting for her call, sound busy, casual, but here is my question. A friend of mine set me up on a date for Friday. I am planning on going, to help get my mind off my ex.. When my ex calls, should I casually mention this date. "Bob set me up with one of the girls from the gym on Friday, I can't really back out, it's going to be really weird going out with someone else." Not sounding enthusiastic about it, just talking to her like a friend and perhaps sparking a twinge of jealousy. Do you think I should mention this? Also anything else I should say or how to act when this call comes? Thanks in advance.

Sporty, no offence but eveything a guy does is calculating. The problem with your guy is that he was too obvious about it. The trick is being calculating (such a cruel word) & appearing sincere. Wondering how you would have felt had you not seen through his shameless ploy?

I think you are trying to contol this situation too much when you should be stepping back and getting on with other things. You need to stop trying to manipulate her by doing certain things, as this is not constructive. Take a more laid back approach and see what comes of it. I knew someone who did the same thing to me as you are thinking of doing (with the other date thing) and rather than make me jealous it irritated me that he could be so calculating, as I could see right throught what he was doing.

You cannot get her by trying to work the situation to your advantage. It will likely not work at all or only work for a short time.

Sporty, no offence but eveything a guy does is calculating. The problem with your guy is that he was too obvious about it. The trick is being calculating (such a cruel word) & appearing sincere. Wondering how you would have felt had you not seen through his shameless ploy?

Go on the date.

Do NOT mention anything about the date to your ex-girlfriend. She will NOT get jealous. Trust me. I've had my ex-boyfriends try to do this to me. It does NOT work. It will only backfire on you.

Forget about calling your ex right now. Forget about expecting her phone call. Forget about her period.

Have a great date.