Relationship Question

I went out a date with a guy who just finised having a five years relationship a year ago.Alot of the comments that he made seemed distrustful.I wrote him a letter explaining that I'm unique of the past relationship yada yada.He confided that he liked me in the same way that he liked this other girl.I guess I should also add that we'd a rendez vous two years ago that was incredible.We've never been intimate again

I like him.He replied and said that he knew that he was not ready for a relationship which i knew.How long do you think it will take for him to move away from the fear of being hurt?

I should also add the last girl left him because he did not want to marry her within 5 years.He said that he did not feel financially able to support her.What does everyone have to say goo or bad...I want to hear it!

Maybe my math is not right, but let's see...

He got out of a 5 year relationship 1 year ago.

You two had an incredible, intimate rendezvous 2 years ago.

So that means he cheated on his girlfriend with you, a girl he had been dating for 4 years by that time.

I would think that someone that can cheat on his girlfriend of 4 years should not have too much difficulty getting over her quickly.

And the fact that he seems so distrustful may be because he cheated on her. Usually the person cheating is the one that assumes that the other person may do the same. And if you were off on an incredible rendezvous with a guy that had a girlfriend, I'd probably distrust you also.

Actually I probably wouldn't want to get in a relationship with a person who would mess around with a man who already had a girlfriend. But then again, I wouldn't date a man who would cheat on his girlfriend either.

Anyway, he sounds pretty flaky. How could he be so hurt and distrustful over a girl that he cheated on? Over a girl that he didn't even want to marry within 5 years, especially since they'd already been going out for 5 years?

And a year is usually enough time for a person to get over their ex and their feelings of insecurity and mistrust.

If I was in this situation, I wouldn't go for it.