Miss Mojo..

Hi -

I hope you dont mind answering a personal question. I was reading earlier posts and you recently wrote about your break up...

"i missed him terribly because we were like best friends and very, very affectionate towards each other. i really valued him as a person, and when he wasn't there anymore, it was as though there was a huge void in my life. "

Just wondering why did you break up?

hi cinsi,

well, there were a couple of reasons really.....i'm 4 years older than he is, and his parents did not like that at all. they did their best to make things difficult for him, and it really upset him the way they were towards me. it was uncalled for.

secondly, his brother developed a huge chip on his shoulder when we started dating. he'd had a bit of a crush on me for some time and knew i wasn't interested in him and was pretty dirty that i liked his brother. he too, made things *hell* for my ex....said some pretty nasty stuff about me that wasn't true, his family fell for it, and because his brother is older, they took his word as gospel. it was a really bad moment that stuck with the both of us and hurt the both of us.

so, these two factors - nasty things said and an age difference - were something they never let my ex forget about, and his parents being as strict as they are, was not an easy thing for him. i was not welcome at their house, so he had to come and see me all the time. he never really got over the hurt that his family caused him. they were very unfair.

i know, many people would go, "stuff his family, he loved you", but honestly, if you knew the way his family behaved and how strict they are, you'd understand it too. the judgments and their unfounded attitude towards me just became too much, especially on him because he had to live with it.

i hope i answered your question okay.

:)